Budget worked fine until I had an unexpected Income in one category and now budget is off

Options
WarenK
WarenK Member
Budget was cruising along just fine until I had an unexpected Income for one category and now the budget has been adjusted even though I made no change to my expenses. It now says, for instance, that I have 500.00 more to spend, when I didn't adjust my expenses.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @WarenK,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file that was saved prior to when this issue started to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WarenK said:
    Budget was cruising along just fine until I had an unexpected Income for one category and now the budget has been adjusted even though I made no change to my expenses. It now says, for instance, that I have 500.00 more to spend, when I didn't adjust my expenses.
    Can you explain that in more detail, please? Or perhaps include some image snapshots so that we can see what you're seeing?
    I would consider "having 500.00 more to spend" due to some unexpected income a correct response from the budget view.
    How did you categorize this income? As part of gross income? As Misc. Income? Uncategorized?

This discussion has been closed.