How can I strip the "AplPay" that prefixes my transactions paid by Apple Pay?

Options
Stuart@
Stuart@ Member ✭✭
Having that prefix on any Apple Pay transaction is annoying, and I'd prefer not to have to create a renaming rule or rename each transaction. The rule editor is too simple and does not allow for this.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Stuart@,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with the payee of your transactions. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the financial institution accounts with which you are experiencing this issue. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case). 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Stuart@
    Stuart@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    There is no issue with downloading the transactions, just anything that was paid via Apple Pay appends AplPay before the merchant name
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Stuart@,

The purpose of the test file is to see if the payee name comes in the same in both the main file and the test file. 

I hope this clears things up. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Stuart@
    Stuart@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is American Express across multiple cards. This is unexpected behavior?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Stuart@,

Please let me know once you have completed the test file and what the results were. 

Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I use Apple Pay with an Amex card & don't have any issues with it putting "AplPay" in the payee field. However I only use Apple Pay at a few grocery stores so renaming rules might be taking care of that for me. I'm on the road at the moment & don't have my Quicken file available so I can't check that. 

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With the Preferences for creating renaming rules and being prompted being enabled (in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions) it should be relatively simple to make Quicken help you create proper renaming Rules for each occurrence of "AplPay merchant name" to "merchant name", as they occur.
    All you need to do is set your download preferences to NOT automatically accept downloaded transactions. Instead, select each new "AplPay ..." transaction, go into the new transaction line in the register, change the Payee Name, make other necessary changes and click Accept. You should now get a prompt about the new renaming rule about to be created. Accept that. Done. One down, only a few more AplPay merchants to go.
This discussion has been closed.