Pentagon Federal Credit Union Download Error (-30)

Doug Kruth
Doug Kruth Member ✭✭✭
I keep getting INVALID_CREDENTIALS:FDP-103:Invalis Credentials when trying to sync to my Pentagon Federal Credit Union accounts. I can successfully log in through the PenFed web page, their mobile app, etc but using those same credentials I can't sync Quicken for Mac Version 6.8.3.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    Same problem but with Quicken Mac. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the account and Quicken won't accept my username and password that I just used to login directly to the Penfed website.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I keep getting INVALID_CREDENTIALS:FDP-103:Invalis Credentials when trying to sync to my Pentagon Federal Credit Union accounts. I can successfully log in through the PenFed web page, their mobile app, etc but using those same credentials I can't sync Quicken for Mac Version 6.8.3.
    Hello @Doug Kruth

I am sorry to hear that you are receiving this FDP-103 error. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then follow the steps listed below, in order:

1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    5. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    6. Select the Downloads tab.
    7. Click on Disconnect Account.
    8. Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    9. Quit Quicken.

Second, delete Quicken passwords from the Keychain

1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.

Third, update the bank list in Quicken

1. Go to Accounts > New and pick an account type matching one of the affected accounts.
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    3. When the list finishes updating, it will display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.

Lastly, re-add the accounts

1. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    2. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    3. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.
    You can research these instructions further in the Support Article linked here

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • lagunajim
    lagunajim Windows Beta Beta
    Hello Quicken Jared, there are now two threads of users reporting CC-503 errors with PenFed.

I don't think the problem is on the "user end".  Please escalate.
  • Don89
    Don89 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Same problem here on a Mac. Also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the account and Quicken won't accept my username and password that I just used to login directly to the Penfed website. Problem started about two days ago.
  • Keith Jones
    Keith Jones Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue with password and ID in quicken. Login into the PenFed website works with the same password.
  • QU01knom
    QU01knom Member ✭✭
    I, also, have the same issue
  • Whoc
    Whoc Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    [Removed - Disruptive]
  • Doug Kruth
    Doug Kruth Member ✭✭✭
    I tried to log in again - now I'm getting an Aggregator in Error Message......

CP_SERVER_ERROR:FDP-8400
  • FredRVet
    FredRVet Member ✭✭
    I have sever accounts that have been downloading fine until Sunday August 21.
    I have reset the connection and and triple checked the user name and password but I keep getting the following:
    Download Error (-30)
    INVALID_CREDENTIALS:FDP-103:Invalid Credentials
    0 new transactions
  • bahtul
    bahtul Member ✭✭
    I have tried all the above. And like the others, I can get into the account except via update. This needs to be escalated. This is the second day with this issue.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• jcpistone
    jcpistone Member ✭✭
    Quicken cannot download my PenFed transactions, and I just tried to login to PenFed's website and got an error. Wait time to speak to a representative is about 20 minutes due to high call volume. While I was waiting a message appeared at the top of the PenFed website indicating there was an issue with logging into the site. This issue started for me on 8/21/2022.
  • zamo132
    zamo132 Member ✭✭
    Same here. Won't download transactions from PenFed.
  • Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Same issue with Pentagon Federal since at least 8/21. Seems to be an issue on their end - since they upgraded their login process they have only allowed Quicken connection to access some of my accounts, but not my checking account.
  • Doug Kruth
    Doug Kruth Member ✭✭✭
    I hope that it doesn't take as long to fix this problem as it did the problem that we had earlier this year.... January, if I recall correctly......
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

• Doug Kruth
    Doug Kruth Member ✭✭✭
    Anja, thank you for letting us know that it has been escalated.
  • pfearn
    pfearn Member ✭✭
    I also have several Penfed accounts that have been downloading fine until Sunday August 21.
    I have reset the connection and triple checked the user name and password but am still unable to access my Penfed accounts to download transactions. Manual access to Penfed using same Login and password work fine, just not working through Quicken since last update, Version 6.9.0 (Build 609.45401.100) for MAC)
    ERROR SCREEN
    Download Error (-30)
    INVALID_CREDENTIALS:FDP-103:Invalid Credentials
    0 new transactions
    Looks like the Quicken issue seen earlier this year.
  • Gilbert@
    Gilbert@ Member ✭✭
    Don't mean to add to the mix, but I've been having the same problem as everyone else with Quicken for Mac and my PenFed Accounts. Very frustrating for sure, but it's not user error. It's something either on Quicken's end, PenFed's end or both.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There is now an Alert message for the PenFed issues. You should go to that link and follow the page so you'll receive notifications if the status changes. (Although users often report things are working again before Quicken receives and posts an official update.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    jacobs, where do I find the Alert message, please?
  • Doug Kruth
    Doug Kruth Member ✭✭✭
    6.9 was available when I opened Quicken for Mac today so I installed it. This problem still exists. Quicken still reporting an Aggregator error.....
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Aggregation errors are at the server end, and don't have to do with updates to the desktop program's code. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Whoc
    Whoc Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • Doug Kruth
    Doug Kruth Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Disruptive]
  • QU01knom
    QU01knom Member ✭✭
    I just tried to connect my 6 accounts this morning and was successful. I had previously disconnected all of them a few days ago. I am using Quicken for MAC.
  • Sid C
    Sid C Member ✭✭
    I also had a successful update yesterday. I had not disconnected.
  • pfearn
    pfearn Member ✭✭
    disconnected a single account, on re-connection all my accounts showed up and were able to be relinked and downloaded.
  • lagunajim
    lagunajim Windows Beta Beta
    PenFed connection is down again. CC-502.
  • QU01knom
    QU01knom Member ✭✭
    I am also getting an error as of this evening. It was working OK earlier today.
This discussion has been closed.