Multiple user names and password download problems

mark.mennella
mark.mennella Member ✭✭
Did Quicken ever fix the issue where if you have multiple accounts with Schwab and they require different usernames and passwords in the same Account, the update quicken transactions does not work? It only allows a user to use ONE username and disables the other.

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    The "same" account part you mentioned is throwing me off.
    - So we have a joint Schwab brokerage account and my wife and I each have our own login for it.  But in the Quicken file I only use my login for that account and it works.
    - Then we have IRA's with Schwab and those of course have their own unique logins - mine and hers.  And those work as well.
    So multiple Schwab accounts and multiple logins, all work for me.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• mark.mennella
    mark.mennella Member ✭✭
    When I try and do this it kicks the other login off. For example, I have three Schwab accounts that use the same username and log in and they work fine, if it try and add a different
    Schwab account with a different username and log in it kicks the three off and adds the new one.

This was a problem Quicken had originally with the new Schwab connection and I was advised there was not a solution at the time. It sounds like you have it working but I also see comments from others that it is still not functional.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    One last thought: Login to each and every one of your online Schwab accounts from your browser one at a time, go to the Security Center, scroll down to the very bottom to the third-party access and Quicken sections to see if you find something odd.  Pay attention to  the options that says "Automatically link new Schwab accounts in future".  Mine is enabled but doubt that makes a difference.

Unfortunately I cannot think of any reason for the inconsistency of our experiences.  If it were me, this is what I'd try as a test, just for size:
    - Completely deactivate ANY and ALL Schwab accounts in your current Quicken data file.  (If you have other Quicken data files with Schwab in them, do the same in those)
    - Login to each and every one of the Schwab online accounts from your browser one at a time, go to the Security Center, scroll down to the very bottom to the third-party access and Quicken sections and disable everything.
    My thinking in the steps above is to remove & "reset" any link between Schwab and Quicken as if they never existed - and they will get automatically reestablished in the next steps with the hopes that something new gets triggered.
    - Wait couple of days
    - Create a brand new Quicken data file (this is your test file).  In the Preferences ensure that Mobile and Web's Sync option is disabled.
    - Add your Schwab accounts to it and see if your results improve
    (why are we creating a test file?  In case there is something odd in your current file we didn't think about, hence we are starting fresh to test)

If no dice, then I am completely out of ideas, sorry.  I'd say contact Quicken support hoping to get hold of a knowledgeable person.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• mark.mennella
    mark.mennella Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your helpful suggestions. I will let you know what I find out.
  • When I try to log in, I get to the update page and cannot go further because I do not want to pit passwords in for zzzdiscover and Fidelity. I cannot do amything to get out except use alt - control-delete
  • can you help me by-pass this page?
This discussion has been closed.