Capital One REI Mastercard --- Account authorization problem

Dan Lich
Dan Lich Member ✭✭
I cannot add the new Capital One REI Mastercard to Quicken. Has anyone else figured out how to do this?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of conversion instructions (what to do when) were you given to make this migration work?
    Can you give us some more details, please?
  • Dan Lich
    Dan Lich Member ✭✭
    No conversion instructions were given by REI or Capital One. REI changed their credit card provider from US Bank to Capital One on Aug 1st. My US Bank account stopped downloading at that time. I recently set up my new Capital One account online, and I can view my credit card account there. I tried setting up a new Capital One credit card download in Quicken. It pops me over to my Safari web browser and has me log in to Capital One with my credentials and says the next page will give me some kind of approval to give to link my Capital One account to quicken, but that page stays blank. If I refresh that page, it says something went wrong and to try again later. I have tried over a dozen times in the past 3 days with no success.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Capital One approval process seems to "pass the buck" thru a chain of webpages. If something in your browser setup or firewall/AV settings is blocking that process ... :-( ... otherwise, if nothing goes wrong, you'll be back in Quicken, approved.
    Please see if you can find out which Safari setting is causing this. Or try a different browser.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found another discussion where a user commented:
    RESOLVED - Yesterday I suspected that going thru a VPN might have been the problem, Turning the VPN off made no difference. This morning I had another thought that it might be the Kaspersky Safe Money application. I turned it off and tried again. I was able to link/authorize my Capital One accounts.
    Does this help?
  • Dan Lich
    Dan Lich Member ✭✭
    No, I am not running VPN, no firewall and turned off any add blocker extensions with no luck.
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    Which Capital One bank selection is correct for the REI Mastercard?
  • justanothercog
    justanothercog Member ✭✭
    Just select the "Capital One" selection on the list
  • Dan Lich
    Dan Lich Member ✭✭
    Wow. Why didn't I think of that? So, which one? None of them work.
  • mavots
    mavots Member ✭✭
    I finally got this to work without a hitch. (VPN on, Pop-ups blocked...) One thing I had not done beforewas set up an account with Cap One.Once that was done I simply created a new credit card account in Quicken. I used the Capital One-Current as my bank. That took me to the Cap One site, text verification code and new Cap One password and finally the Simplify-Quicken-Cap One page. Only problem is my old REI MC account and the new REI Cap One account share the last couple of months of transactions and I need to figure out how I want to delete the duplicates. Both accounts show the same balance due. I had to rename the new account REI-Cap One and I was done.
This discussion has been closed.