Network Error downloading R42.21 Mondo Patch

psobilo
psobilo Member ✭✭✭
Unable to download and save latest patch; times out with Network Error.  Have tried multiple times over several days, even rebooted Windows 10 PC.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    psobilo said:
    Unable to download and save latest patch; times out with Network Error.  Have tried multiple times over several days, even rebooted Windows 10 PC.
    Hello @psobilo

I am sorry to hear about this difficulty downloading the Mondo Patch. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, are you currently making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), antivirus software, pop-up blockers, firewall settings, or browser extensions that may be blocking the download? If so, it may be necessary to turn these off in order to troubleshoot this issue further.

Also, what browser are you attempting to install the Patch through (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, etc)?

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • psobilo
    psobilo Member ✭✭✭
    I am not using any VPN or pop-up blockers.  I am using McAfee AV software and have not changed any firewall settings (as far as I know).  I am using the latest version of Chrome.

I have not had any issues downloading Mondo Patches in the past.
  • psobilo
    psobilo Member ✭✭✭
    I just tried Firefox with the same results.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the error message imply the “network error” is related to the Internet website or the local “saving” location ?   Where is the downloaded file being saved ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• psobilo
    psobilo Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Using Chrome: It does not say where the network error is coming from; in the small window where it shows what file is being downloaded and its progress, it stops downloading at different points each time and eventually indicates "Failed - Network Error".  I have a specific folder on my internal drive where I place all my Quicken patches.
  • psobilo
    psobilo Member ✭✭✭
    If I look in the directory for the patches, I have a file named:

Unconfirmed 817995.crdownload

with a File Type CRDOWNLOAD File.  The file size varies depending on how far it got before failing.
  • psobilo
    psobilo Member ✭✭✭
    UPDATE:  In the small window that normally shows the file name and progress, when I get the Network Error message, I can right-click to show me several options.  If I select RESUME, it proceeds to download more of the file.  After multiple RESUMEs, the file seems to have completely downloaded and it shows up in the directory with 408,669 KB.

My next step will be to back-up my Quicken file before I apply the patch.
  • psobilo
    psobilo Member ✭✭✭
    Just updated QW to R42.21 and everything appears ok (so far).  Just wish I knew why I had so much trouble downloading the file.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    psobilo said:
    Just updated QW to R42.21 and everything appears ok (so far).  Just wish I knew why I had so much trouble downloading the file.
    One of the datacenter's security cameras captured this snapshot:
    <g,d,r>
  • psobilo
    psobilo Member ✭✭✭
    Aha, the infamous Software Bug!  >:)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, have you checked your Internet router statistics for high error counts? Had any storms, floods or other problems in your area lately? There might be something wrong with your phone or cable line, causing poor signal quality.
  • psobilo
    psobilo Member ✭✭✭
    There was an outage over the weekend.  I've rebooted my router since then, but I'll reboot my router again to see if anything changes.
  • psobilo
    psobilo Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue after rebooting router, then rebooting PC.  Oh, well!  I'll have to see how things go on the next update.
  • psobilo
    psobilo Member ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: Latest patch (R43.14) downloaded and saved to my designated 'PATCH' directory without issue this morning.  Downloaded in seconds without having to hit 'resume' repeatedly. 

Issue resolved and can be closed.
This discussion has been closed.