CC-503 errors from PenFed

Papoon
Papoon Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
Yesterday I started getting cc-503 errors with One-Step Update from PenFed.  I deactivated all 3 PenFed accounts and attempted to re-add from Tools-->Add Account... which results in cc-503 error. Username/password work from web but not from Quicken.

UPDATE: As of 0800 EDT on 25 Aug it is again working for me (as others have reported downthread).  I do wish PenFed would stop denying they support Quicken ("Unfortunately, PenFed is not able to support automatic downloads to Quicken.") and instead just work to fix things without a fight.  Still, under a week is sort of record time for getting a PenFed<-->Quicken problem resolved.

Quicken Premier for Windows R43.14 running on Windows 10 

Best Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello everyone,

I do apologize that you are being affected by these connectivity issues. Thank you for alerting us to this problem here on the Quicken Community.

It will help us in our efforts at troubleshooting this issue if everyone affected by these error messages could navigate to Help > Report a Problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen and submit program log files regarding these symptoms. You may submit a brief description of the issue and any available screenshots along with these files, as well. Note that you will not receive a response through these submissions, as they will be used purely for investigative purposes. We do not have an ETA, currently, although the issue is being investigated.

Feel free to raise any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Received this response from PenFed on my letter/email to Chairman of the Board

Due to an internal error, our IT team temporarily disabled aggregator third party access to PenFed Online. We regret you were unable to download your transactions through Quicken during this time. However, we can confirm as of September 7th, you should now be able to use Quicken again.

As a reminder, during times when you are unable to download your transactions through Quicken, you can still access your accounts through PenFed Online, manually download your transactions, and import them to Quicken.

Thank you for being an engaged PenFed member.

Sincerely,

Nicole Thompson

Manager, Executive Correspondence

Office of the Chairman of the Board

O: 1-800-247-5626 | F: 1-800-278-2212

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Papoon said:
    Yesterday I started getting cc-503 errors with One-Step Update from PenFed.  I deactivated all 3 PenFed accounts and attempted to re-add from Tools-->Add Account... which results in cc-503 error. Username/password work from web but not from Quicken.

Quicken Premier for Windows R43.14 running on Windows 10 
    Hello @Papoon,    

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this cc-503 error message. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, try making use of the steps listed below, in order:
    1. Launch Quicken and go to Tools > Password Vault > Add/Edit Passwords.
    2. Click on the account in the Password Vault.
    3. Choose Delete Password for the account.
    4. Complete a One Step Update, you will be prompted to enter the password manually.
    5. Type in the password (the same one used on the bank's website) and check in the box marked Save next to the password field.
    6. Click Update Now.

If the login ID or username also needs to be changed:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
    8. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.
    You can read more about these instructions here.

I hope to hear back from you about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • Bill Pa
    Bill Pa Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Having the same issue - started yesterday (Today is 21 August, 2022 in case someone reads this later).

I can't follow the instructions given, because if I go to the vault, and look at the entries for Penfed, it shows my login ID, and in the "Password Stored" column, it shows "Not required", and an image of a yellow key. I don't remember it doing this before, but it may have been that way.

But for both lines of the entry, "Add Password","Change Password", and "Delete Password" are all greyed out. So it looks like I'm locked out from making any changes.

This was all working fine on Friday. Something changed.

Should I do the "Deactivate / Reactivate" thing?

The logins from before still work fine on the Penfed website.

This is Quicken Premier Version R42.21 Build 27.1.42.21 - Windows 11 Home"
  • Dave32162
    Dave32162 Member
    Same CC-503 error.
    Normal login though the PenFed website works.
    Same credentials using the Quicken "Activate One Step Update" form results in "Oops"
    Quicken Premier Version R43.14 Build 27.1.43.14 - Windows 11 Enterprise
  • Tom G.
    Tom G. Member ✭✭
    I have the same exact error all weekend long. My last successful download was on August 19th, 2022. I have tried to reset, add the password, etc to no avail. It appears this has something to do with Express Web Connect. Following Quicken process left my accounts disconnected and unable to reactivate.

Please resolve!!
  • Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭✭
    Over the weekend, I found that I couldn't download anything for my PENFED accounts. I repeatedly got a CC-502 error, yet when I chose the "fix it" option, I got a message that all was OK. Of course, it hasn't been. Today, I reset my account and when I used my current PENFED login credentials, I got another CC-502 message, suggesting that my credentials as added were incorrect. This, while I'm logged-in to PENFED at the same time using the same credentials. Interestingly, when I tried to reactivate the account in Quicken, the "show" feature for the password doesn't work.

Windows R42.21; build 27.1.42.21
  • Quicken Jared
    Answer ✓
    Hello everyone,

I do apologize that you are being affected by these connectivity issues. Thank you for alerting us to this problem here on the Quicken Community.

It will help us in our efforts at troubleshooting this issue if everyone affected by these error messages could navigate to Help > Report a Problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen and submit program log files regarding these symptoms. You may submit a brief description of the issue and any available screenshots along with these files, as well. Note that you will not receive a response through these submissions, as they will be used purely for investigative purposes. We do not have an ETA, currently, although the issue is being investigated.

Feel free to raise any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • AllenW
    AllenW Member ✭✭
    Experiencing same issue as everyone else. Also reported a problem... so we'll see how this goes.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Also have had 503 error all weekend and today. This seems to happen 2-3 times a year! 😩. I don’t understand why Penfed and Quicken don’t work together. Last time Quicken’s answer was it’s not on their end and we had to deal with Penfed and that is useless. About 2 weeks+ later it worked. Frustrating!
  • darbusa
    darbusa Member ✭✭✭
    If I remember right, the last time I had this problem I used Twitter to ping PenFed about the problem and shortly thereafter it magically worked. This is an ongoing issue with Penfed doing weekend maintenance and screwing up the Quicken connection. I usually use PersonalCapital.com to verify all my connections and I just did that and Penfed was good. If Quicken still doesn't work it's a quicken issue for sure. Just tried Quicken again and it is still giving cc-503 so this is Quicken issue.
  • trustpilot
    trustpilot Member ✭✭
    Exact same issue as all the above.

Moderator - please contact the person who adds items like this to the "fix it" pile and please let us know an ETA on when it will be fixed.

When I was paying once every 3-4 years for the software product that was mine to keep, I was more tolerant of these outages, but now that I'm forced to pay monthly for a service that I loose if I stop paying for it, I expect the service to work as advertised and I think others might feel the same way.

Thanks for escalating this to the "fix it" folks.
  • Christopher Reed
    Christopher Reed Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I am having all of the same issues as outlined above. I attempt to update PenFed accounts and Quicken returns a 503 error. I have verified with PenFed website that the password is correct. Troubleshooting as per instructions above does not solve the problem. What's funny is last week I was thinking to myself "It's about time for the Quicken/PenFed connection to start acting up again. " That's how often this happens! It's an issue at least once or twice a year and ends up takeing 2-3 weeks to resolve.
  • bradf1rw
    bradf1rw Member ✭✭
    I've deactivated the Express Connect but now I get a CC-502 error saying that t can't connect. I'm able to login to PENFED from the web so the issue is not my username and password.
  • mhawrysko
    mhawrysko Member ✭✭
    I get an error CC-503 started a couple of days ago. I followed Quicken Support resolution for this error now none of my PenFed accounts can connect up again.
  • lagunajim
    lagunajim Windows Beta Beta
    Yes - many of us have reported this issue over since the weekend.
  • hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Same problem. Please get this corrected.
  • Tom G.
    Tom G. Member ✭✭
    Today I'm getting CC-800 after trying to deactivate and reactivate unsuccessful yesterday.
  • jcpistone
    jcpistone Member ✭✭
    Quicken cannot download my PenFed transactions, and I just tried to login to PenFed's website and got an error. Wait time to speak to a representative is about 20 minutes due to high call volume. While I was waiting a message appeared at the top of the PenFed website indicating there was an issue with logging into the site. This issue started for me on 8/21/2022.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    @wallenjs @jcpistone I had issues earlier logging onto Penfed website but this issues seems fixed. Quicken issue isn’t fixed! Hope it’s not another 2-3 week fix.
  • jcpistone
    jcpistone Member ✭✭
    Update to my previous post, I can now log into the PenFed website, but the Quicken download issue remains.
  • neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I cannot login to Pentagon Federal Credit Union thru Quicken, I get a CC-503.  I use a password manager and with it I can login to Pentagon Federal on their website, so I know the login name and password are correct.  When I entered the login and password in Quicken I did a cut and paste so I know the info was input correctly.  This problem has been going on for a couple of days.

Any suggestions?
  • Chris Harr
    Chris Harr Member ✭✭
    I can log into and see the details of my PenFed credit card and savings account balances via their website and the PenFed iOS app. I can also see my PenFed account balances and transaction level details via my PersonalCapital.com account, so that proves a different third-party connection is currently working. The only place my PenFed accounts are not working from is Quicken where I get a CC-503 error message when trying to log in which indicates this is exclusively a Quicken-PenFed connection problem.
  • Diane E.
    Diane E. Member ✭✭
    I am also having Penfed issues along with my local Texell CU and USAA!!!
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

• LVDad23
    LVDad23 Member
    I am having the same issue with my PenFed accounts. Glad to see it's not only me! I will report the problem as well.
  • gdbush
    gdbush Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with my PenFed accounts! Cmon man! This is affecting a lot of people - lets get it fixed! Escalate if necessary!
This discussion has been closed.