Reports are showing my net social security income as an uncategorized EXPENSE!

Options
Anne B
Anne B Member ✭✭
:( I set up my Social Security check using the paycheck Wizard and the gross amount and deductions are categorized and the net amount is shown going into my bank account as it should. In my register the correct net amount is shown as a deposit. However, the net income amount is now showing on my reports as an uncategorized Expense! My pension checks that I had originally set up using the Paycheck Wizard also did the same thing so I just changed them to be Income Reminders. That seems to work. I thought of doing that for my social security checks but there is no option to schedule for the 2nd Wednesday of each month (rather than a certain date) as there is with the Paycheck Wizard. I have used Quicken for at least 25 years and never had this problem until this year. I am on the latest release R43,14 Build 27.1.43.14.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anne B said:
    I set up my Social Security check using the paycheck Wizard and the gross amount and deductions are categorized and the net amount is shown going into my bank account as it should. In my register the correct net amount is shown as a deposit. However, the net income amount is now showing on my reports as an uncategorized Expense! My pension checks that I had originally set up using the Paycheck Wizard also did the same thing so I just changed them to be Income Reminders. That seems to work. I thought of doing that for my social security checks but there is no option to schedule for the 2nd Wednesday of each month (rather than a certain date) as there is with the Paycheck Wizard. I have used Quicken for at least 25 years and never had this problem until this year. I am on the latest release R43,14 Build 27.1.43.14.

How to set up reminder for nth Wednesday of month

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7863666/faq-how-to-record-social-security-income-customize-day-of-month-for-schedule-in-quicken-for-windows (contains both Windows and Mac instructions. Mac users please scroll down a little)

• Anne B
    Anne B Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also discovered after I left the message above that the gross amount and both deductions are being recorded twice. I can only see this in my register when I "hover" over the splits. If I display the splits Quicken just shows me the Paycheck screen where everything looks correct. This means another month of going in and deleting the transaction and manually entering it. I have seen similar issues from others but no solutions!
  • Anne B
    Anne B Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @UKR said:
    > How to set up reminder for nth Wednesday of month
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7863666/faq-how-to-record-social-security-income-customize-day-of-month-for-schedule-in-quicken-for-windows
    > (contains both Windows and Mac instructions. Mac users please scroll down a
    > little)

Thanks so much! I had always done my Social Security as a Paycheck reminder. I didn't look far enough in the Schedule an Income Reminder for the ability to schedule on nth Wednesday of month. I did this today and will check to be sure it works next week.
This discussion has been closed.