Whose problem? DCU Sync works ok except check numbers come as part of payee (Q Mac)

Burns
Burns Member
I see a lot of closed DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) sync problems. I have a different issue. Login and most sync is working fine for me (starting with Quicken...is that Express Connect? Anyway...). However, the check numbers are posted in Quicken as part of the payee and not in the separate check number field. I'm not sure if this is a Quicken issue or a DCU issue. Regardless, it would be nice if this were something that could be fixed by a QuickFill rule!

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Burns said:
    I see a lot of closed DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) sync problems. I have a different issue. Login and most sync is working fine for me (starting with Quicken...is that Express Connect? Anyway...). However, the check numbers are posted in Quicken as part of the payee and not in the separate check number field. I'm not sure if this is a Quicken issue or a DCU issue. Regardless, it would be nice if this were something that could be fixed by a QuickFill rule!
    Hello @Burns

I am sorry to hear about this issue with payee information being included in awkward transaction columns in the register. Thank you for drawing our attention to this issue here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, if you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then add your Digital Federal Credit Union-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious about whether or not the Payee information is included in the incorrect column in the register in this new test file.

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Burns
    Burns Member
    Thanks Jared. I can do that, I think. But to be clear about what you want, I think that you are asking me to make a brand new backup file that contains only the DCU checking account, and that you would like to examine it? Is that correct? If so, how do I get the file to you? If you have access to my Quicken account, you can send the info by email if you wish.
  • Burns
    Burns Member
    And in addition, if you wish to examine this file, are you a Quicken employee having signed all the appropriate non-disclosure info about customer's data? I will only send this data if I can ensure that I am going to the right people. I'm sure you understand. Thanks.
  • Quicken Jared
    Burns said:
    And in addition, if you wish to examine this file, are you a Quicken employee having signed all the appropriate non-disclosure info about customer's data? I will only send this data if I can ensure that I am going to the right people. I'm sure you understand. Thanks.
    Hello @Burns

I do apologize if there is some confusion regarding the creation of the test file. Thanks for checking back with me to confirm the details of this process.

To be clear: you will not have to submit this test file to Quicken or send it anywhere external to your computer. It will be sufficient if you merely reach out again and let us know in this Discussion thread whether or not you noticed the behavior with payee information continuing in the test file. We can then assess further troubleshooting options here. While I am a Quicken employee, I will not be reviewing your data files.

I hope that makes things clearer. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Burns
    Burns Member
    Dear Quicken Jared,

Sorry it took so long to get this one. It was pretty easy. The behavior on the new account is exactly the same as on the original account. Check numbers appear as part of the payee field, not in the check number field.

What next?

Burns
  • Quicken Jared
    Burns said:
    Dear Quicken Jared,

Sorry it took so long to get this one. It was pretty easy. The behavior on the new account is exactly the same as on the original account. Check numbers appear as part of the payee field, not in the check number field.

What next?

Burns
    Hello @Burns

I am sorry to hear that this behavior continues in the new data file. Thank you for letting me know about your results. 

At this stage, I do recommend reaching out to Digital Federal Credit Union support. The fact that this problem is being replicated across data files suggests that the financial institution is sending information to your Quicken accounts in this way. It may be most helpful to request to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as these individuals are most likely to be familiar with third-party software, such as Quicken.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Burns
    Burns Member
    Sigh. Well not surprisingly, the finger pointing starts, with me in the middle. Do you have any response, or is there anything you can check on your end? BTW, I *did* use the new profile that he talks about when I tried the experiment above.
    ----------------------------------------
    Thank you for contacting DCU concerning Personal Financial Management Tools. My name is Michael, and I am happy to assist you today.

I apologize for the frustration with trying to use the Quicken Direct Connect feature. We’ve been notified that Quicken directly have created a new profile to link to DCU, through that tool you will see Digital Federal Credit Union Old and Digital Federal Credit Union. Please do not use the Digital Federal Credit Union Old as that was scripted for old platform. Hopefully this helps you get reconnected with both DCU and Quicken.

When data is exported to Quicken, this data is synced and transfered to their files. We do not support Quicken directly, but however data is pulled from their logs and formatted by their system. We advise reaching out directly to Quicken for troubleshooting, and we apologize for any frustration this may cause.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If they have Direct Connect, then it is incorrect for their representative to say they "do not support Quicken directly." Direct Connect is, by definition, a direct connection to their servers for real-time two-way communication. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.