Need Help In Creating a report

neil154
neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I would Like to creatre a report which shows me either the change in value of a specific ETF in my portfolio or a change in the number of shares of that ETF.  I want to see it show the numbers over a specific period of time.
I tried customizing the net worth report but it is giving me incorrect information.

Can anyone suggest a method

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To see the change in value over a specific time period, you could use the Investing > Investing Activity report. 

Set the time period you want
    Click on the gear to customize the report
    On the Securities tab, pick just the ETF you are interested in.
    I think the number you want is under Total in the Change in market value (unrealized) row.
    If you want to include any interest or dividends the security has generated, use the Net Change in Value row.

QWin Premier subscription
  • neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am using the delux version of Quicken for Windows and that report locked for my version of Quicken
  • Jim_Harman
    The Investing Activity report should be fully available in Deluxe. Please describe what you mean by "locked".
  • neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    see attached

• Jim_Harman
    edited August 2022
    Please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what version of Quicken you are running. Also is it US or Canada?

What happens if you click on Unlock Report?

Can you access the report by going to Reports > Investing > Investing Activity?
  • neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I get a quicken website to upgrade my plan
  • Jim_Harman
    OK, let's try something different. What do you want to include in "change in value"?
    Purchases and sales during the period? 
    Shares added or removed?
    Dividends/interest/other distributions received?

You might try the Investment Performance Report customized just for the one security. You can use the beginning and ending market value numbers. If you want to include purchases, sales, and distributions they are in that report too.
  • neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help. I finally was able to modify the Net Worth report to give me the information I wanted.
  • Jim_Harman
    I'm glad the Net Worth report is working for you.

I know some of the Tax reports are not available in Deluxe, but I have not heard of the "Locked" message before and I am wondering if it is something new. Could you run through the standard reports in the Reports and Graphs Center and let us know which ones are showing as locked?

Thanks.
  • neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    The reports that are locked are the investment reports 
    Investment activity
    Investment Partnership Summary and Detail
    In the Tax report cannot run Schedule A, B, & D

Believe I can run all other reports
This discussion has been closed.