Quicken Mac Repeatedly Asking for Bank Login

d abeita
d abeita Member
I have followed the directions and deleted and re-added the account several times. I was told I did not have to use KeyChain (I don't use it for anything.) so I don't save the login there. I've just converted to Mac from PC and find the Quicken far inferior. Struggling with it everyday. Argh!!!!

Comments

• d abeita
    d abeita Member
    I would like to add that even when it does connect, it doesn't pull the most recent transactions. For instance, today (Aug 29) it did not pull transactions from the 27th.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    d abeita said:
    I would like to add that even when it does connect, it doesn't pull the most recent transactions. For instance, today (Aug 29) it did not pull transactions from the 27th.
    Hello @d abeita

I am sorry to here about this problem with account credentials and online banking services. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

First, what financial institution are you experiencing this particular issue with? Are you receiving any particular error messages after entering your credentials, and if so, which kinds? Lastly, what do you see when you navigate to Account List in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window, selecting the account, and then navigate to the Settings menu via the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner? Does the account number and other account details look accurate in the Details tab of the window that appears?

I hope to hear your reply, and I would like to provide further recommendations after I know more about the situation. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    d abeita said:
    I was told I did not have to use KeyChain (I don't use it for anything.) so I don't save the login there.
    Well, that's where Quicken Mac stores passwords, since it relies on the security of the Mac rather than something built by Quicken. Perhaps I'm not understanding something, but if you choose not to store your passwords where Quicken Mac stores them, how do you expect Quicken Mac to not prompt you for your login credentials when you want it to connect to your bank? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.