Reconcile, all reconciliation actions are now showing last day of month (Q Mac)

Gilles9
Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
I have some bank accounts and many credit cards accounts that do not have an end of month closing for reconciliation on the last day of the month

Quicken before 6.9 used to set the reconciliation date on the date used in previous reconciliations

ex: Amex monthly end date is the 20th of the month, all my previous reconciliation show that day of the month (the 20th ), now If I open the reconciliation window the date set automatically is the 31 of August ( last day of month )

this is a regression

note: maybe the bug is that it is using the present day, we are the 31st of August, which is the last day of the month

Anyone sees this also

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Giles9 I'm not able to reproduce what you're reporting. I just tried starting reconciliations in half a dozen of my accounts, and in each case, the default statement ending date pre-filled by Quicken is one month after the prior statement ending date in that account — just as it has been in the past. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Gilles9
    edited August 2022
    See, the previous month is on the 15th
    Use statement balance uses August 31st

and for the same account the history is

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Ah… I see that you're trying to reconcile less than a month after the previous reconciliation — so it just picks today's date. In all my tests, I was looking at account which were last reconciled more than a month ago, so they picked the correct dates. I'm not even sure what day you expect it to suggest? September 15, when that date is two weeks away? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Gilles9
    edited August 2022
    Yes I was expecting Sept 15
    and if my memory serves me right it used to

Of course if I wait until sept 15th, it will show sept 15th as it will be the "today,s date" at that point

I'll verify in a few days for accounts having the last day of the month ( Aug 31st ) to see if it suggest the August 31 even if we will be Sept 4th or so
    I'll get back here

Thanks Jacobs

• Gilles9
    OK, not a problem, we need to be past the reconciliation date of previous reconciliation

You are right Jacobs
This discussion has been closed.