File loads to blank screen

RJMhfx
RJMhfx Member
[Starter Version] after working correctly for years, today local file appears to load but screen is blank (within the Quicken frame). Never seen this before. Suggestions?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    RJMhfx said:
    [Starter Version] after working correctly for years, today local file appears to load but screen is blank (within the Quicken frame). Never seen this before. Suggestions?
    Hello @RJMhfx,  

I am sorry to hear about this problem with the blank screen upon opening your data file. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Have you recently changed the location of your data file? Try proceeding through the steps listed in this Support Article. Let us know about your results if you can. 

I hope to hear back from you, if you have the chance to check back in with us. I hope to provide further recommendations, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RJMhfx
    RJMhfx Member
    No luck ... Quicken finds and recognizes the file, and asks for password. It accepts the password and appears to open the file (the filename appears along the top border of the Quicken frame), but the rest of the screen is blank.
    I have tried copying the file and renaming it but I get the same result when I try to open the renamed file.
    rjm
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken are you using? Quicken Subscription or Quicken 2017 or earlier?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • RJMhfx
    RJMhfx Member
    starter edition Windows subscription.
    Been using it (or its predecessors for years) and never encountered this before.
  • RJMhfx
    RJMhfx Member
    Also, I've tried creating a brand new data file and I get the same blank screen.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited October 2022
    RJMhfx said:
    Also, I've tried creating a brand new data file and I get the same blank screen.
    Hello @RJMhfx,   

I do apologize that this issue is continuing. Thank your for following up with us about this issue, and for providing more information about what's happening. 

Have you tried navigating to Help > Check for Updates in the upper menu at the top of the screen? It may be that the software needs to be updated. 

I look forward to hearing about how this works, if you have the opportunity to get back to us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RJMhfx
    RJMhfx Member
    it's a subscription, so no 'check for updates' option showing.
  • Quicken Jared
    RJMhfx said:
    it's a subscription, so no 'check for updates' option showing.
    Hello @RJMhfx,  

I see; thanks for letting us know about this. Sorry for all of this frustration.

Would you be willing to provide a screenshot of what you are seeing now, when you open the program? You can consult the FAQ linked here for more instructions about doing this. Note that you can also drag and drop the image into your comment before it has been posted. 

I hope that is helpful, and I am eager to hear back from you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RJMhfx
    RJMhfx Member
    SOLVED - somewhere in the process Quicken downloaded an update/upgrade to Quicken Home, Business and Rental Property - although once installed it shows as Starter Edition again. I never saw any dialog box but found the file in Downloads. After a few required logins it seems now to be working fine.
    Thanks all.
  • Quicken Jared
    RJMhfx said:
    SOLVED - somewhere in the process Quicken downloaded an update/upgrade to Quicken Home, Business and Rental Property - although once installed it shows as Starter Edition again. I never saw any dialog box but found the file in Downloads. After a few required logins it seems now to be working fine.
    Thanks all.
    Hello @RJMhfx,   

I am glad to hear that the situation has been resolved. Thanks so much for reaching out again to tell us how things turned out, and for including your steps to fixing the issue. 

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns. 

Have a great day!

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought I add my 2 cents' ...
    There's only one "flavor" of Quicken software being distributed. It contains the complete set of software modules for all feature levels, from Starter Edition to the Home, Business & Rental Edition.
    If, after software installation or a software update, Quicken is unable to determine the feature level based on your Quicken ID and subscription profile, you may temporarily see HB&R displayed as the feature level ... not to worry, though. It will correct itself as soon as Quicken on your PC manages to verify your Quicken ID with the Quicken server.
This discussion has been closed.