need 2013

sungate
sungate Member ✭✭
I would like a copy of quicken 2013 ..... ihave older files I would much prefer 2013 with them

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    What version do you have now?  If you are using a newer version for your current Quicken file you may have problems.  You can only have 1 Quicken program installed.

Yes you can download 2013 for free.  It is the last good stable version before they started requiring a Quicken ID.   I'm staying on 2013.  You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.  2013 is the last good version before they started requiring an ID.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    Yes do that. Use another computer to install 2013 on.  

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Has anybody mentioned the fact that you cannot process a data file using Q 2013 once that data file has been opened by a newer version of Quicken software (Q 2014 thru Q Subscription (2018-2022)) and converted to its updated record formats? There is no backward compatibility. Data files used by Q Subscription cannot be opened by Q 2013.
    If you want to jump ship and fall back to using Q 2013 with new transaction data, you'll be starting from scratch, with a new, empty Q data file.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Click on the link in my post.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    See item 3, click on the blue words Quicken 2013 for Windows, I highlighted in yellow

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
  • volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    What version do you have now?  If you are using a newer version for your current Quicken file you may have problems.  You can only have 1 Quicken program installed.

Yes you can download 2013 for free.  It is the last good stable version before they started requiring a Quicken ID.   I'm staying on 2013.  You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.  2013 is the last good version before they started requiring an ID.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken 

• volvogirl
    Oh and what version are the older files from?  If your Quicken was before 2010 you should have several files making up the data.  The main data file ends in .QDF.  All Quicken versions prior to QW2010 store your data in a series of files all sharing the same filename but with different extensions like  - .QDF .IDX, .QEL, .QPH  and all 4 of those files were rolled into a single-file .QDF starting in 2010. 

• sungate
    sungate Member ✭✭
    I have a recent version that requires a subscription ... I thought that it would be better to have an up to date version .but I am sorry ... I used 2013 and earlier for many years and was very happy with it and it was always trouble free ....my accounting needs are simple .. may have to divide my files so that I have 2013 on one machine and the converted files on another computer ....
  • volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    Yes do that. Use another computer to install 2013 on.  

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Has anybody mentioned the fact that you cannot process a data file using Q 2013 once that data file has been opened by a newer version of Quicken software (Q 2014 thru Q Subscription (2018-2022)) and converted to its updated record formats? There is no backward compatibility. Data files used by Q Subscription cannot be opened by Q 2013.
    If you want to jump ship and fall back to using Q 2013 with new transaction data, you'll be starting from scratch, with a new, empty Q data file.
  • sungate
    sungate Member ✭✭
    I realize that ... I will keep my 2023 data on a different computer that has 2013 Quicken on it .... my next question is .... I may have missed picking up on it .... how do obtain 2013 ?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sungate said:
    I realize that ... I will keep my 2023 data on a different computer that has 2013 Quicken on it .... my next question is .... I may have missed picking up on it .... how do obtain 2013 ?
    Please reread the answers given earlier. Links to a downloadable installation file are provided there.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Click on the link in my post.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • sungate
    sungate Member ✭✭
    Maybe I missed something .... I have been sent links to a Qucken site that converts files to later quicken, but it does not appear to have a download of the 2013 program ... I want to download the 2013 program so that I can use my older Quicken files that I had not converted to later Qicken ... the 2013 version is not on my older computer anymore.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    sungate said:
    Maybe I missed something .... I have been sent links to a Qucken site that converts files to later quicken, but it does not appear to have a download of the 2013 program ... I want to download the 2013 program so that I can use my older Quicken files that I had not converted to later Qicken ... the 2013 version is not on my older computer anymore.
    Yes, the information was given to you, in two separate links:
    1 - https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken
    OK, so it's hidden in the text under "If you are converting from Q 2004 - 2009". Expand the section and you'll find the link in Step 1, item 3.
    2 - A direct link to the download file, https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/ASDES5672FR13/Old_Products/QWIN/QW2013DLX.exe , was given to you in a separate response, although there were no added instructions
    :sunglasses:

• volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    See item 3, click on the blue words Quicken 2013 for Windows, I highlighted in yellow

• Jander04
    Jander04 Member ✭✭
    I have worked and worked to install Quicken 2017 on Windows 11 but without success. So, I have successfully brought my Quicken 2017 data to Quicken 2013 by exporting the 2017 file to a QXF then and importing into 2013. Most accounts were exactly correct. A couple needed adjustment. I found the following items did not come across:
    - Memorized transactions
    - Scheduled bill and income reminders
    - Customized reports
    - Any customization done within Quicken

Considering the alternative of paying every year or switching to a new money manager, these are minor annoyances. And Quicken 2013 seems more stable and less annoying than 2017.
This discussion has been closed.