Chase Connection Update Notice

mwreagan
mwreagan Member ✭✭
I updated the connection for Chase in Quicken for Mac. Looks like it works ok. But I get the update notice screen every time I open Quicken! There is no place to check "don't remind me again." Only one block for more info that takes me to the Quicken website. Annoyware is evil! And that doesn't say anything about the email I get from Quicken EVERY TIME I OPEN THE SOFTWARE since February 23. Grrrr! How do I turn off the Chase update annoy ware messages?

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Good-I found the conversion easy as well.

Look at the bottom of the offending info window that pops up; you will see a checkmark to "Remind Me". 

Uncheck that, and you won't get that same popup again at startup.
  • mwreagan
    mwreagan Member ✭✭
    Hi John. Thanks. I unchecked two of the popups but what about this one?
  • John_in_NC
    mwreagan said:
    Hi John. Thanks. I unchecked two of the popups but what about this one?
    I got that one a few days after my conversion as well. I deselected the reminder, and no action was required for the updates. (I had already done it.)

There are a lot of different accounts types, and Chase is pretty popular, so I think we might see a few more of these popups as they migrate users over. (Chase/Quicken is doing it in batches as they monitor for issues.) 

I would deselect that popup as well.
  • mwreagan
    mwreagan Member ✭✭
    "I deselected the reminder, " How do I do that? There is no option for that on the message. I realize that I can ignore the message, but how do I stop getting it?
  • John_in_NC
    mwreagan said:
    "I deselected the reminder, " How do I do that? There is no option for that on the message. I realize that I can ignore the message, but how do I stop getting it?
    Uncheck "Remind me" at the very bottom left of the window. Look, and you will see it.
  • mwreagan
    mwreagan Member ✭✭
    I'm sorry, John, but I just don't see a remind me option. I saw them on the other pop ups but not this one. I sending another screen shot of the annoying pop up extended all the way out. The only option I see is, "Learn more about this change."
  • mwreagan
    mwreagan Member ✭✭
    Just spoke to Quicken Support --
    "Unfortunately, we are not able to remove that message. This will be showing until they complete the migration of connection."
    How will I know that I should not be seeing it, I asked?
    "After 09/26/22"
  • John_in_NC
    I question the accuracy of that Support "answer." Each time a new message from Chase (or similar messages from other FI) pops up, unchecking the "remind me later" keeps it from coming back.

That said, you mentioned you can't see the option to "remind me" (as you have in the past.) That might be the underlying issue: I don't know your setup/screen resolution, but it might be how they present the window is preventing you from seeing that option. 

I can't provide a screenshot as I dismissed the notice several days ago and no longer get it. 
  • mwreagan
    mwreagan Member ✭✭
    Brilliant! I went to system preferences/ displays. Changed from default for display to scaled. Scaled as small as possible. And guess what -- the remind me later box was there!! Unchecked it. Problem solved. Give yourself five gold stars, John! And I'll buy the first soda.
  • John_in_NC
    I'm glad you got it working! 
This discussion has been closed.