PfF, also changing accounts with-in same bank

Options
J-Pac
J-Pac Member ✭✭
Hello all, I got great answers (fast) the other day using the community so I'm back again. 1st is probably not any concern but as long as I have been using Quicken all my back-ups began with "Qdata". Now that seems to have changed to "PfF". Is that something Quicken started for some reason?
Second and the thing that has me really stopped is changing account numbers in my checking account which was compromised. I've got all statements. from late Dec 2021 till the account was cleared of all outstanding debits. I don't want to take a chance of losing all the old data, so I thought I'd record all the old number transactions, insert a line where I type out that the old number stops then on next line start recording all the new amounts under the new account. Will that work or is there a better way?
Thirdly, how do I move the title of the previous checking account to the hidden "more accounts" and then just create an account identifying the new account?
I realize this is quite a large text but really only 3 questions and me trying to explain everything thoroughly. I thank you for any help you can provide.
I run Windows 11 and the latest upgrade from Quicken Premier.

Blessings,
J-Pac

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you have 3 unrelated questions, you will get more and better answers if you ask each one in a separate post.

Also, to improve readability, please separate your paragraphs with a blank line, i.e. hit Enter twice between paragraphs.

I will answer your Question 3: To hide an account, click on the gear at the top right and choose Edit account details. Click on the Display Options and select Hide this account.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @J-Pac,

On your first question about your datafile being named "PfF" - that is most likely something that you did while saving a backup file - perhaps unintentionally.  It is not something that Quicken did.

On the second question - which seems to indicate that you had a bank account "that was compromised" and as a result, the first bank account was closed and a ew account (including a new bank account number) was setup by the bank.  You have a couple of options here.  You could simply close the old account as of the date that the bank opened the new account (& changed the account number) and then start a new account in Quicken (with the beginning balance being transferred from the old account).  The new account would hold all those transactions from the date the new account was opened to the present.  Or you could simply keep using the old Quicken account and change the account number in Quicken (by clicking on the "Gear" icon > going to "Edit Account Details" > then changing the account number to the new account number (and also changing the Routing number if necessary (but probably not necessary). Then, go through the process of setting up the account for online downloads.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• J-Pac
    J-Pac Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you, Jim, for how to hide the account and advise on how to appropriately utilize support questions to the column.
This discussion has been closed.