R43.20 - new update keeps crashing

Options
MG99
MG99 Member ✭✭
anyone else having this issue..r43.20. it keeps closing out and crashing. also noticed zillow update not working. thanks.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just installed R43.20.

I'm not seeing any crashes.  On Zillow it was "turned off" on my house account, but I clicked on the setup button and it all went through for me.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It isn't crashing for me but is taking forever to run One-Step Update process. Zillow is working for me.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MG99 said:
    anyone else having this issue..r43.20. it keeps closing out and crashing. also noticed zillow update not working. thanks.

If you haven't done so already, please try the following actions:

• Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. You did backup your Quicken data file before you closed Quicken yesterday, didn't you?

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Press and hold CTRL + Shift while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What all is R43.20 supposed to fix and etc.  It is not seen on the Mondo site yet but I see here in the Community this:
    What's fixed
    • While reauthorizing Chase accounts, even though accounts were linked, existing account names that are linked were not shown. Also, in some cases accounts were not linked automatically, causing duplicate accounts.
     Not gonna update to this one yet. Glad I set mine not to automatically install updates. Heck, I just updated to R43.14 yesterday.  :):)

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    thanks..how do you do a super validation?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MG99 said:
    thanks..how do you do a super validation?
    The instructions are under Super Validate: in @UKR's comment (Ctrl+Shift is what "triggers" it)
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • SYH
    SYH Member
    Options
    Updated to R43.20 in the morning. Tried to setup online connection with Citibank this afternoon and Quicken crashed every single time. Not sure if the two are related though.
  • MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    thanks..did super validation. since doing the R43.20 update, i have been getting an "unable to create.." error message with "Please verify that there is enough space in your TEMP folder". this happens on various actions, and not all the time e.g. once while updating, once while switching accounts, etc. - any idea what/where the TEMP folder is? i searched an emptied one folder, but my computer has plenty of storage space.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MG99 said:
    thanks..did super validation. since doing the R43.20 update, i have been getting an "unable to create.." error message with "Please verify that there is enough space in your TEMP folder". this happens on various actions, and not all the time e.g. once while updating, once while switching accounts, etc. - any idea what/where the TEMP folder is? i searched an emptied one folder, but my computer has plenty of storage space.
    Please verify this:

In Windows Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / Environment Variables ensure that both the TEMP and TMP variables point to a valid and existing folder, typically C:\Windows\Temp or 
    C:\Users\your_username_here\AppData\Local\Temp
    If they point to an incorrect or non-existent folder or drive change both variables to an existing folder on C:\ e.g., C:\Temp (or create one) and reboot Windows.

If the Temp folder is located on a too-small SSD C: - drive and you have an internal standard hard disk, too, move the Temp folder to the internal hard disk and change the TEMP and TMP variables
    If the folder exists … does your Windows User Account have proper access rights to this folder?
    If Quicken cannot create and use temporary files, all sorts of malfunctions will occur.
    If the Temp folder is full of junk, clean it out. Delete all files and subfolders within the Temp folder structure that Windows allows you to delete. You may have to skip a few that are actively in use.

Make sure that files in the Temp folder are NOT accessed by cloud backup software at all.

Run CHKDSK /r on your C: - drive (or perform Error Checking from Windows File Explorer, Properties, Tools tab).

• MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. Will give it a try. Just strange (or not strange) that these crashes started with the recent update.
  • MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    No luck. Seems to be a quicken update issue.
This discussion has been closed.