Is there a problem with Quicken R43-14 and Windows 11 Home?

Options
jwheeler53
jwheeler53 Member ✭✭
My Windows 11 desktop has problems updating bond prices from Schwab. My laptop and other desktop, both Windows 10, do not have this problem. It is not a hard problem. Some days it updates and some days it does not.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @jwheeler53,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jwheeler53
    jwheeler53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Anja. That appears to have solved the problem, for now at least.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    You're welcome, and thanks for the update! Glad to hear it's working currently. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jwheeler53
    jwheeler53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi again Anja. Well the problem has returned several times and signing out and back in fixes it for a while. I still have not seen this problem on my laptop which is running Windows 10. I have an idea on what may be the cause but I need to run a few more tests over the next few days. I will let you know what I find, if anything.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just a shot in the dark ...

Check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

• jwheeler53
    jwheeler53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don`t believe I have Windows Defender installed. I am using Norton 360. If I time it right, tomorrow morning I will try to do an update when I know the bond files at Schwab will be offline and see if that triggers the problem.
  • jwheeler53
    jwheeler53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This morning I was able to do an update on both the desktop and the laptop while the Schwab bond data was unavailable, and both worked correctly. I will have to keep on investigating the next time the problem returns.
This discussion has been closed.