Is it possible to have some added accounts configured to not show specific transactions.

Options
Thank you.

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can set up another separate data file to keep accounts separate.  Go up to File-New.  But for married you should keep all the  accounts in the same data file.   Sure you can categorize the transactions generically.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    Options
    Probably not.  You can use the filter settings at the top of the register.   Like what transactions?  Why?  Can you give an example?  

• Silver Budgeter
    Options
    Thank you for the quick response. My spouse and I have a joint checking, savings, and visa account. However, we each have our own checking accounts for our own personal spending. The purpose of the latter is to honor a small degree of mutual independence with a personal spending. That independence includes confidentiality of each spender. We are on the honor system here. So, for these personal accounts, we would prefer that the transactions in each of them, more specifically payments, not be itemized by quicken. It would be better for these accounts if the payment transactions could be labelled generically, such as personal spending from private savings. BTW: I am new and just finished watching the first how-too videos for adding accounts and adding transactions to the quicken check registry.
  • volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can set up another separate data file to keep accounts separate.  Go up to File-New.  But for married you should keep all the  accounts in the same data file.   Sure you can categorize the transactions generically.  

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can use tags to separate out transactions for both of you and still use the same categories.

As in Category: Dining, Tag: Person 1.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Silver Budgeter
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. You've pointed me in a good direction.
This discussion has been closed.