Constant Update error

AriesDream
AriesDream Member ✭✭
:s Almost every time there is an update, I get the following error.
The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w5713\base\bagent.exe' because it is being used by another process. :/

What is the problem
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    :s Almost every time there is an update, I get the following error.
    The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w5713\base\bagent.exe' because it is being used by another process. :/

What is the problem
    Hello @AriesDream,    

I am sorry to hear about this error message appearing during an update. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

It is likely that this message is related to the Scheduled Updates feature. You may try making use of the Task Manager to end the process when this message appears, then open and update the software by navigating to Help > Check for Updates... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may also try turning off the Scheduled Updates by navigating to Tools > Schedule Updates...

I hope to hear back from you about your results.  

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • AriesDream
    AriesDream Member ✭✭
    Scheduled updates are updates for accounts not for Quicken update. The account updates work and I do that manually not automatic.

I do not find anything running. The errors can be different each time. This time it is

The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w1644\base\DPIInfo.exe' because it is being used by another process.

I will turn off everything and see if it works. Drives me crazy
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing you need to temporarily disable is your Antivirus software. Do it just before you begin the software update process. Immediately afterwards enable Antivirus again and let it do its thing.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    The only thing you need to temporarily disable is your Antivirus software. Do it just before you begin the software update process. Immediately afterwards enable Antivirus again and let it do its thing.
    @AriesDream,   What @UKR wrote above is the right solution to this - or a workaround.
    This has been going on for years with certain Antivirus programs, but not all.  Would you kindly share which Antivirus you are using?  Hoping that your information can help the Quicken team in the future.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

This discussion has been closed.