Bought Quicken last year. Three days ago I received an email for 40% discount on renewal ?

Options
chu1ck
chu1ck Member
edited October 2022 in Before you Buy
I bought Quicken deluxe last year and paid up. 3 days ago I recieved an email that said I could save 40% if I renewed now . I did and Quicken charged my card the full price...Is that legal....It smell to me....chu1ck@XXXXX.net

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Whether it is legal or not is a question for the lawyers.  Quicken, Inc will state that it was a mistake by the marketing dept to send out the email and that if you had read the small print, you would have found that you weren't eligible for the discount since you are not a "new" user.
    I'm not condoning what happened, just explaining what happened.
    Contact Quicken Support and request either a full refund or a reduced price.  You can normally get a better non-new user price at the big box stores or Amazon.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• chu1ck
    chu1ck Member
    Options
    No ! The offer plainly stated this was a RENEWAL..So you can't use Renewal and New user interchangeably. ...This was bait and switch....
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re-read my first sentence.  I'm not a lawyer.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I got that email for an old Quicken ID I haven't used for years. My guess is that the "renew" message was sent to Quicken ID/emails which Quicken thinks aren't current subscribers. You might have another entry in their customer database separate from the one for your current subscription.

I agree with splasher; contact Quicken Support and tell them (and offer to show them) the email you received, and ask them to refund you the 40% discount you were offered. Failing that, you can ask them to refund the renewal you purchased. Of course, if you purchased your subscription sometime late last year, then you will sometime soon need to renew your subscription and will end up paying them the same amount you were just charged. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.