Where is the "One Step Update"

I get the notice to do this update but there's no way to access a "One Step Update."

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @JOHN SWEENEY Nope. You can mark the reply as unhelpful, but it's correct. "One Step Update" refers to the regular process of updating all your accounts, either via the circular arrow at the top of the left sidebar or the menu Accounts > Update All Online Accounts. "One Step Update" or "OSU" is a term they use for Quicken Windows and, confusingly, don't also use in Quicken Mac. The Chase update process is triggered by doing an account update for Chase accounts. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • LarsCederquist
    LarsCederquist Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I am new to this discussion. I updated my Chase accounts today (9.13). The update was successful as it has in the past. I was not prompted to "update connection" nor was I taken from Quicken to Chase nor was I required to enter my Chase credentials nor did I authorize Chase to allow Quicken to access my accounts. My guess is that I am "good to go" and do not have to do anything more. Correct? FYI - I have latest Quicken version 6.9.0.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2022
    It's not called that in Quicken Mac, but it's the button with the circular arrow above the account sidebar (or, if you have the sidebar collapsed, it's the middle button in the sidebar). Or you can go to the Accounts menu & select "Update All Online Accounts"

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• This answer confuses the normal account update with the Chase updates which directions refer to a "One Step Update.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @JOHN SWEENEY Nope. You can mark the reply as unhelpful, but it's correct. "One Step Update" refers to the regular process of updating all your accounts, either via the circular arrow at the top of the left sidebar or the menu Accounts > Update All Online Accounts. "One Step Update" or "OSU" is a term they use for Quicken Windows and, confusingly, don't also use in Quicken Mac. The Chase update process is triggered by doing an account update for Chase accounts. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Thanx for the info!
  • LarsCederquist
    LarsCederquist Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I am new to this discussion. I updated my Chase accounts today (9.13). The update was successful as it has in the past. I was not prompted to "update connection" nor was I taken from Quicken to Chase nor was I required to enter my Chase credentials nor did I authorize Chase to allow Quicken to access my accounts. My guess is that I am "good to go" and do not have to do anything more. Correct? FYI - I have latest Quicken version 6.9.0.
  • Lars ... your experience is mine ... no prompt ... but I did get a transfer to Chase where I went through some authorization procedures then got sent back to Quicken. I'd suspect that, if you didn't get sent to the Chase site, you're Not good to go...
This discussion has been closed.