Renew today and save 40%

Options
nedmanjo
nedmanjo Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Before you Buy
Received an email offer from Quicken to "Renew today and save 40%" but as soon as I signed in the offer vanished. Then I read the fine print, "Offers good for new membership only." Seriously, it reads "Renew". What am I missing?

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @nedmanjo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We ask that you please contact Quicken Support directly by phone as our phone agents will be able to work this offer out with you.

Phone support is available Monday through Friday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @nedmanjo  I got that email, too. In my case, I noticed it was for an old Quicken ID I haven't used for years, for which I had created an alternate (alias) email address. My guess is that the "renew" message was sent to Quicken ID/emails which Quicken thinks are not current subscribers. And I'd guess you might have another entry in their customer database separate from the one for your current subscription.

As Anja says, you can contact Quicken Support and tell them about (and offer to show them) the email you received, and ask them if they'll honor the 40% discount in the email. If they say it's really just for non-current subscribers, you might try to work with them to see if you have an old Quicken ID or email in their system which they could delete to prevent this in the future.

If you only have a single Quicken ID and a single email address with Quicken, then chalk this up as yet another misfire from the marketing team at Quicken. ;) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @nedmanjo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We ask that you please contact Quicken Support directly by phone as our phone agents will be able to work this offer out with you.

Phone support is available Monday through Friday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @nedmanjo  I got that email, too. In my case, I noticed it was for an old Quicken ID I haven't used for years, for which I had created an alternate (alias) email address. My guess is that the "renew" message was sent to Quicken ID/emails which Quicken thinks are not current subscribers. And I'd guess you might have another entry in their customer database separate from the one for your current subscription.

As Anja says, you can contact Quicken Support and tell them about (and offer to show them) the email you received, and ask them if they'll honor the 40% discount in the email. If they say it's really just for non-current subscribers, you might try to work with them to see if you have an old Quicken ID or email in their system which they could delete to prevent this in the future.

If you only have a single Quicken ID and a single email address with Quicken, then chalk this up as yet another misfire from the marketing team at Quicken. ;) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.