For the last 3 months or so, when I reconcile an account, the programs jumps randomly.

Options
Raymond Turner
Raymond Turner Member ✭✭
Randomly, when I click on a transaction to mark it cleared, the program closes the reconcile window and jumps to a transaction in a register. It often isn't even the transaction I clicked on. Then, when I click the box below the register to return to the reconcile window, I must click it twice. The first time the reconcile window flashes but does not lock in. The second time it will lock. I can then click a few more transactions before it happens again. I have used Quicken for years and only recently began having the problem. It is very frustrating as it takes extra time to complete reconciliations. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you single-click or do you double-click on the transaction in the Reconcile window?
    Please review your mouse settings, to make sure double-click speed is not too sensitive. If you happen to have another mouse, try it ... just in case ...
  • Raymond Turner
    Raymond Turner Member ✭✭
    Options
    I slowed the mouse click speed. We will see if that helps. I have been using quicken for 15 years and the same mouse for 5. Never had the problem before, but thanks for your suggestions.
  • frustrated_user_22
    Options
    This same problem started today, after a Quicken Update. Very frustrating as it's taking 2x longer. My mouse has had same settings for the last 2 years and no problem before on Quicken or any other program. I am single clicking only on the transaction line. Any suggestions or help?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This same problem started today, after a Quicken Update. Very frustrating as it's taking 2x longer. My mouse has had same settings for the last 2 years and no problem before on Quicken or any other program. I am single clicking only on the transaction line. Any suggestions or help?
    Just a shot in the dark ...
    After the Quicken software update and encountering the problem, have you tried rebooting Windows?

This discussion has been closed.