Best process for fixing the new Chase duplicate account problem?

Mike23
Mike23 Member ✭✭
So, I'm having the problem with the new Chase credit card download where it created a new account. So I have my old account that is reconciled as of a couple of days ago and the new account which has hundreds of transactions that are downloaded from the past 90 days and ready to be entered. I'm wondering if I should move my transactions first and then match them so that there aren't duplicates or accept the hundreds and then move the transactions and presumably delete them. Has anyone had experience doing this either way? Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Mike23,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you experienced this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all updates. 

I also recommend reviewing the latest update posted yesterday (9/1/22) in the Alert which specifically addresses account duplication.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • dbrooks787
    dbrooks787 Member ✭✭
    Anja, Thanks for your update to this issue. My situation is different, however, in that I not only have a duplicated credit card account but also have a duplicated mortgage account. So I don’t think copying transactions to the new account will work. There is also mentioned a solution to deactivate an account and reactivate it. Should I deactivate just the original account or to both the original and duplicated account before reactivating the original account? Thanks.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mortgage loan accounts that are setup for downloading are going to be problematic.

You can't deactivate them and reactivate them/link to them.
    That is why the register is hidden.  They work by downloading information from the financial institution and "believing what it says".  There is no system to get them back in sync if they ever go out of sync.

I believe that one either has to change them to manual entry accounts and use a procedure like this to do merging:
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken

Or deactivate the old account, which changes it into a manual entry account, and then setup a new downloaded account and remove whatever is in the old account that is duplicating what is in the new account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dbrooks787
    dbrooks787 Member ✭✭
    edited September 19
    Didn't mean to ignore you @Chris_QPW. It seems that Quicken has created a worset-case scenario with the Chase change. To have no way to fix this, IMO, is next to criminal. I'm going to try something you did not suggest, however. Maybe this will fix it. Since Quicken claims to have fixed this problem, then I should be able to restore a version of the data before attempting to reauthorize, and then trying again. Hopefully, this will fix things. I realize I may lose some transactions, but I will have them in the original version and should be able to fix this, or just ignore them.

One more thing... Everytime I try to do a one-step update, Quicken is asking me to re-authorize Chase, even though this has already been completed. Not sure how this affects things, or whether there is an alternative to what is above. Any idea?

What do you think?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.