Quicken maintenance downloads.

KofG
KofG Member
Every time I start Quicken, or most times, it will download an update. The updates rarely get installed due to a message indicating that a file cannot be accessed. This just recently started happening as I’ve always been able to receive and apply the updates. No changes to my computer have taken place. In order to get the last update, I had to remove and reinstall Quicken. I do not what to do this each time as the updates should happen as in the past. Here is the most recent message I received: The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w2483\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have not already done so, I suggest you read the following:  I cannot update. I always get "The update failed to install." See Below for file always in use:.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• KofG
    KofG Member
    Thank you for the recommendation. I followed the instructions in the note, but still have the issues. Unable to get any updates.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Hmmm....that's odd.  Everyone who had earlier posted who has said they get this error message that I recall having seen has said the issue is resolved by downloading and installing the Mondo Patch.  I know it worked for me.  I did see one post where someone said they needed to temporarily disable their anti-virus software for the Mondo Patch installation.  Maybe that is something you could try.

Also, just a few minutes ago I saw another post by someone saying they are seeing this issue.  Perhaps you might want to read it and bookmark it to see what is being done there to address it:  Update Error [file MigrationTool.exe in use during software update/installation]

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you use Trend Micro antivirus (or some other antivirus program)?
    If so, temporarily disable your antivirus for the duration of the installation process.

This discussion has been closed.