This discussion relates directly to the Category processes and working with Category window

Roger_O
Roger_O Member ✭✭✭
I've been applying the Quicken for Win Updates regularly as supplied and I'm upto 43.20 (current). I've been trying to edit the categories to keep them in line with the needs of the program code, and it is very difficult at this time. I can see in the "Category List" window a specific group of categories, but in the "New Category" edit window there is a list of categories in the same area that show many more specific categories that are of slightly different edited layout that need fixing! They don't show in the primary Category List window!? Major disconnect and difficult to show as I see it. The category editing process is unusable like this.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I'm having a hard time following along with you here.
    "I've been trying to edit the categories to keep them in line with the needs of the program code"
    Would you explain what you mean here, maybe with some examples?  I've used Quicken from the early DOS days and, more or less, have kept my Categories pretty much intact through all that time.  I've added some Categories along the way, deleted a few, added and deleted some SubCategories, but those changes have been in response to my needs, not some needs of the program code.
    "I can see in the 'Category List' window a specific group of categories"
    I assume you're referring to the subsets of Categories you can see in the Category List window if you click on one of the Category Groups listed on the left side of the screen?
    "but in the "New Category" edit window there is a list of categories in the same area that show many more specific categories that are of slightly different edited layout that need fixing!"
    That's where I pretty much lose you entirely.  I assume you're dealing with SubCategories here as that's the only way I can seem to pull up a "list of categories" (and I'm not sure what "in the same area" is referring to), but when I do that I see consistency between the New Categories window and the larger Category List window:
    Maybe you can post a screen shot showing what you're describing?
    But first, why do anything with Categories "to keep them in line with the needs of the program code?"
This discussion has been closed.