Why has the Category Count column been removed from the CATEGORIES window?

Roger_O
Roger_O Member ✭✭✭
I was used to seeing the count column showing the category usage from zero to many. It was especially useful when the count was zero. It was simply easy to know when to consider getting rid of it or changing it. I would like to see it returned to the window.

Best Answers

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The count is in the Usage column. Click the gear icon in the upper right and check the Usage column checkbox.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @MHSwizzleStick you are right.

I missed seeing that gear and I am sure I did not un-check the Usage box. Also that gear icon is weird, much smaller than elsewhere in Quicken.

In banking registers, the icon that controls which columns are displayed is a square box in that location, with lines that look vaguely like columns, not a gear.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    For what it is worth, I think they defaulted that column to off because when you have it on the performance goes down somewhat.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Roger_O
    Roger_O Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To ALL THAT ANSWERED The Gear Icon Sets and ReSets the Usage Column!!! Thank you very much for your help. That was the answer I needed. I tried to look through the Upgrade Document for this type of information - but no specific info about the usage column that I read. Thanks again members.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    edited September 2022
    I don't know why, but you are right.

Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The count is in the Usage column. Click the gear icon in the upper right and check the Usage column checkbox.

• Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    @MHSwizzleStick you are right.

I missed seeing that gear and I am sure I did not un-check the Usage box. Also that gear icon is weird, much smaller than elsewhere in Quicken.

In banking registers, the icon that controls which columns are displayed is a square box in that location, with lines that look vaguely like columns, not a gear.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    For what it is worth, I think they defaulted that column to off because when you have it on the performance goes down somewhat.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Roger_O
    Roger_O Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To ALL THAT ANSWERED The Gear Icon Sets and ReSets the Usage Column!!! Thank you very much for your help. That was the answer I needed. I tried to look through the Upgrade Document for this type of information - but no specific info about the usage column that I read. Thanks again members.
This discussion has been closed.