New Chase Connection - NO Reconciliation Due to Pending Transactions

Carefree
Carefree Member ✭✭
I updated my connections to the new Chase method. This is a BIG problem. The online balance including pending transactions but these will not have downloaded so you can't reconcile to online balances. This is not a normal workflow for me since it means I will have to go back to looking at statements.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Carefree,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Carefree
    Carefree Member ✭✭
    Yes I was having trouble with log in early and now I just saw that. I did reset connection it fixed for now but I think it may come back. I had to do the reset separately for each account.
  • sbennett3707
    sbennett3707 Member ✭✭
    I also confirm this issue. Using Quicken Connect, pending transactions result in a reconciliation difference that Quicken will want to reconcile with an adjustment. The result is a reconciliation adjustment *each* time you reconcile.

I also noted some transactions now don't download at all, which means I have to find them and enter them manually.

Overall, this is a very unpleasant experience.
  • timl62
    timl62 Member ✭✭✭
    I see the same issue.  The online balance shown in the register is not the same as what Chase shows and the difference is a pending transaction.  
  • Disney Fan 60
    Disney Fan 60 Member ✭✭
    In my case the difference between the chase website balance and quicken declared online balance has the incorrect sign on the pending transactions. The quicken declared online balance is lower that the chase website balance by an amount equal to the pending transactions. Does anyone test this stuff before releasing it for public consumption
  • timl62
    timl62 Member ✭✭✭
    As noted by Disney Fan 60 above, the math is such that the amount shown (erroneously) as the "online balance" in the quicken register has been reduced by the amount of the pending transaction(s).  This was not a problem before the so-called "conversion".  A better term would be FU.
  • Carefree
    Carefree Member ✭✭
    Is there any update on this. Having to reconcile to a statement is like going back to Quicken 2.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @CarefreeIn several of the Chase threads on this site, I’ve seen multiple people report that the online balance no longer includes the amount of pending transactions. So it seems Chase fixed this sometime in the past week — at least for some accounts/users. Have you checked recently and found to the contrary? (E.g that it is still sending Quicken a balance which includes the value of pending transactions?) 

When you talk about reconciling to a statement, are you aware that only means entering the actual current balance from the Chase website? In other words, you don't have to wait for an actual monthly statement if you want to reconcile more frequently. You do need to log onto the Chase site to find your current balance, and enter or copy/paste that into the Quicken reconcile window. So it's an annoyance, to be sure, but one that doesn't take too long and in my opinion, is not a huge problem as a short-term workaround until Chase gets this fixed. (If we were back to Quicken 2 days, then there wouldn't be a Chase website to log onto to check your balance — you would have to wait to receive a monthly statement in the mail! ;) )
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Carefree
    Carefree Member ✭✭
    I was traveling outside the US and didn't see the response before I posted, and now that I am back I see it's fixed. It is interesting that it appears to be a Chase issue in some people's minds. To me it was a Chase and Quicken issue. They need to work together. I note TD Ameritrade has this issue as well.
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Direct connect bank bill pay Windows,

What does Chase download to the desktop after conversion?
    I'm preparing for the conversion and am confused by some of the threads on this subject. For ACH items, manual entry in the Q register is required to maintain a fully reconciled balance.

Does Chase download payment info when entered on the website and then updated in Quicken or only after the payment is cleared?
    Pending transactions are items cleared and in the bank's balance, why should they not be downloaded (and matched)? What am I missing?
    Do the duplicate downloaded items require acceptance before entry or did they just show in the register?

/thank you for any guidance
    /dc0063
  • For what it's worth, my Quicken now seems to be receiving the correct balance from Chase, i.e., excluding the pending transactions.
  • do i talk to Quicken or Chase to get my chase account to download again?
  • griblets
    griblets Member
    I have not been able to reconcile my accounts with the downloaded account balance for over two months due to this issue. It's difficult to understand what changed and why it hasn't been addressed.
This discussion has been closed.