updates

fcoffey
fcoffey Member ✭✭
every time i start Quicken it wants to update to latest version. I tell it ok and then it says it cannot update so i have to manually go to quicken website and download latest version and install. this has been an ongoing issue for a few years now and its getting old. I have even uninstalled quicken and rebooted then reinstalled from scratch and same issue.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell us more about the error ("it says it cannot update") that you receive.
    What is the exact error message?
    BTW, what Antivirus software are you using (and is that software up-to-date?)
  • fcoffey
    fcoffey Member ✭✭
    Trend micro. And i have turned it off as a test to see if that is the problem.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    fcoffey said:
    Trend micro. And i have turned it off as a test to see if that is the problem.
    Thanks for responding.
    Based on other discussions here in the Community, Trend Micro AV has been known to interfere with the installation process and, unless Trend Micro updates their program, the only workaround currently is to temporarily disable it just before you start the installation process and then reenable it immediately after.

• fcoffey
    fcoffey Member ✭✭
    As i said i disabled it first and still no install
This discussion has been closed.