Syncing problems

Having a real problem with sync failures. Update runs but just hangs and I have to reboot. Dealt with Quicken support but it was a disaster. Solutions offered didn't work and to add insult to injury the site would time me out in the middle of a discussion and I would have to start over from scratch. Sync problems seem to begin with the latest updates about 3 or 4 days ago. Long time user but looking for alternatives now.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mccammon said:
    Having a real problem with sync failures. Update runs but just hangs and I have to reboot. Dealt with Quicken support but it was a disaster. Solutions offered didn't work and to add insult to injury the site would time me out in the middle of a discussion and I would have to start over from scratch. Sync problems seem to begin with the latest updates about 3 or 4 days ago. Long time user but looking for alternatives now.
    Hello @mccammon

I do apologize about this issue with hanging when trying to sync your accounts. Thank you for speaking to us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Are you noticing any error messages around the time this happens? Also, have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, but then try deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here.

I hope to hear about your results, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mikewemhoff
    mikewemhoff Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issues when clicking on the One Step Update button. Did updates on individual accounts and the issue appears to be with those that use the Express Web Connect. These accounts will no longer download new transactions. Worked before the latest software update.
  • PM
    PM Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue as well. Express Web Connect account will no longer download new transactions. It worked as recently as 9/13/2022. Not only do the downloads not work but it causes program to hangs up and I have to quit the program.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited September 2022
    Hello @Mikewemhoff and @PM

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue. 

Could you please clarify which financial institution you are experiencing this with? Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall your Quicken program using the steps provided by @Quicken Jared

I am looking forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mikewemhoff
    mikewemhoff Member ✭✭✭
    E*Trade Bank (checking and savings) and CapitalOne (credit card and savings) accounts. Will sometimes download 1 or 2 transactions but not all prior transactions from the last several weeks.
This discussion has been closed.