New Bank of America connect method causing duplicate downloaded transactions

Joseph Witkin
Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭
Successfully authorized the new connection method with Bank of America when requested to do so 2 days ago. Since then, on one step update, Quicken has downloaded several transactions per BOA account labeled as new, and not observing existing renaming rules. The same transactions have previously been downloaded and reconciled. I have to accept them and then delete them to reconcile correctly. Hopefully a temporary transition thing?
 I recall similar issues with Schwab transition... (Quicken HBR subscription, Windows 11)

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If past history is any guide, this should be a one time event.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17
    Another historical issue (with the PayPal and Chase new connection conversions) was that the process also changed the account Opening Balance transaction amount. 

If you have a back-up file from before you converted to the new connection method, I suggest restoring it and writing down the amount shown there in the account Opening Balance transaction.  

Then open your main file, again, and compare that written amount to what the Opening Balance transaction amount is in your main account.  If the two do not agree, edit the Opening Balance amount to match what you wrote down.

Again, if this issue exists for you it should be just a 1X occurrence.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R44.20 on Windows 10)
  • joannzk
    joannzk Member
    @Chris_QPW this scares me. This was the issue with BofA California/Quicken over 20yrs ago! I brought it to their attention and a CTO spent 2-3 days at my home office to witness the issue. This resulted in them putting a halt on the affiliation with Quicken for many years. One would think they would learn from history. You're only as good as your record keeping of and paying attention to the issues, though. Hopefully, they will iron this out, quickly. This time. Is anyone noticing a BENEFIT to this new connection method? In other words, I'm missing the original convenience of easier downloads and up-to-date record keeping and have been missing this for 20+yrs....
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you want “Quicken Inc’s take” on all this I think they have stated most of it here in one place:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7921514/the-community-meetup-october-2022-edition

As for benefit, the only truth benefit in my opinion is that you get to keep downloading transactions and the online balance (not bill pay through the financial institution is off the table without Direct Connect).
    Signature:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be real. There is no - repeat, zero - benefit going from DC to EWC+. We end users are the losers in this conversion.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    edited October 11
    For me this change sure reduces the value of a subscription. The bank's web functionality has been improving and reducing Quicken's value for the average user like me. They have pretty much eliminated the need for in-person banking.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Gopher651 said:
    For me this change sure reduces the value of a subscription. The bank's web functionality has been improving and reducing Quicken's value for the average user like me. They have pretty much eliminated the need for in-person banking.
    I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised that if management type from one of the financial institutions read this comment, they would be go "Yes! that's fantastic!".
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.