Unrealized gains in Net Worth report

Options
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye Member ✭✭
I see there has been a similar question posted on this (dave344 posted about this), but it doesn't appear to me there was a final resolution concerning the issue.
In one of my brokerage accounts I end up with the majority of the entries being unrealized gains and a LOT more money than I know is actually in there (if only it were true).

Comparing what quicken currently holds in this account to the brokerage account everything is fine.

I verified many (but not all - there's just too many) that the securities were sold.
I'm seriously thinking that this file is somehow corrupted. How could it be that a majority of the entries in the report are Unrealized gains for this account?

If I'm mistaken and this issue was resolved, could you please post the solution again?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "In one of my brokerage accounts I end up with the majority of the entries being unrealized gains"
    As a stand-alone statement that seems to suggest that when you're in the Investment Account itself, looking at transactions, that you're seeing actual entries that are somehow identified as "unrealized gain."
    But then you say "How could it be that a majority of the entries in the report are Unrealized gains for this account?" so I assume that there are NOT actual transactions within the Account itself, but that you're seeing this when you run an Investing Investment Transaction report?
    If you're not seeing actual unrealized gains posted into the Account itself, but are seeing unrealized gains "transactions" in the Investment Transaction report, and the Holdings view in the Account agrees with your broker, I'd advise you to run the Investment Transaction report, click the Customize icon (gear wheel), click the Advance tab and uncheck the box next to "Include unrealized gains."
    If the "Include unrealized gains" box is checked you'll see a pseudo "transaction" listed out on the Investment Transaction report for each change in each security's price quote.
    I assume the title of your post that refers to the "Net Worth" report is in error and what you're really referring to is the Investment Transaction report?
This discussion has been closed.