It would have been nice if you told us that only edge would work

:(
It would have been nice if you told us that only edge would work. I don't use edge, I only use Firefox and have for many years.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What only works with Edge?  Firefox has been my default browser for over 10 years and it works fine for me in most situations, including with Quicken and with this Community.  Would you provide more details about what the issue is you are referring to?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the most obvious "use" of a browser with respect to using Quicken is downloading QFX files, is that the impetus for your post?  I, too, have used Firefox for a long, long time and it's never been an issue for me but I DON'T download QFX files and, as I understand it, different browsers CAN play a role here in successfully downloading QFX files.
    Name, or names, of Financial Institution(s) involved, please, if it's QFX related.
  • The Chase bank download change would not load using Firefox. I had to go on Edge to make it work.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Chase bank download change would not load using Firefox."
    I'm not sure, exactly, what you're referring to here.  Chase did stop using Direct Connect and instead started using EWC+, but as far as I know that's independent of what you're using as your default browser.
    I'm using Firefox and successfully changed from DC to EWC+, so It's clear that NOT only edge will work.
    Are you attempting to download QFX files?  Could you explain exactly what you were doing when "you had to go on Edge to make it work?
  • forget about my complaint. I got the change, so I'm good.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

To make Firefox open Quicken when download is complete, you need to go into Firefox Tools / Settings / General.
    Scroll down the page to Applications.
    Sort the list of supported file types by Content Type and scroll down to "Quicken OFX data" and set the Action to "Use Quicken Windows"

If you can't find this file type go to just past the bottom of the list of file types. Change "What should Firefox do with other files?" to "Ask ...". You'll get a prompt next time you download a QFX file.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Chase bank download change would not load using Firefox. I had to go on Edge to make it work.
    When I converted Chase to the new EWC+ connection method I, too, had the same issue...the process would not complete with Firefox but did complete properly with Edge.  

I have not seen others posting about this issue so I have assumed that there must be some Firefox setting or addon extention setting that I have set up that prevented me from being able to complete the conversion with Firefox.  In fact, I have seen quite a few posts stating the opposite that the conversion was completed properly with Firefox. My assumption is that it is not a Firefox issue but a Firefox browser or extention setting issue.

But it is good to note here in Community that if someone cannot complete the conversion with one browser they should try another.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.