Is Subscription Necessary - Most Canadian Banks Don't Connect With Quicken

Options
MoMoney99
MoMoney99 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
I bank with CIBC, have a credit card with both American Express and Canadian Tire. None of these institutions are supported by Quicken Connect for downloading transactions which begs the question, do I even need Quicken subscription?

Can I continue using the software without a subscription if I'm manually downloading the transactions from my institutions? I don't understand why Quicken Connect supports so few institutions when competitors like [Removed - 3rd-Party Softwares] and so many others support nearly all of them, it's incredibly frustrating.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @MoMoney99,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.
    MoMoney99 said:
    Can I continue using the software without a subscription if I'm manually downloading the transactions from my institutions? 
    If you are referring to QFX downloads, please be aware that QFX downloads do still require an active Quicken subscription. Without an active subscription, the ability to import QFX files will also be unavailable.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MoMoney99
    MoMoney99 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @MoMoney99,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.
    > If you are referring to QFX downloads, please be aware that QFX downloads do still require an active Quicken subscription. Without an active subscription, the ability to import QFX files will also be unavailable.
    >
    > I hope this helps!

What about having Quicken connect directly with more institutions? So many other 3rd party apps use Yodlee and other aggregators to provide a much more seamless approach. Really wish Quicken would do something about this.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    MoMoney99 said:
    What about having Quicken connect directly with more institutions? So many other 3rd party apps use Yodlee and other aggregators to provide a much more seamless approach. Really wish Quicken would do something about this.
    If a financial institution is not listed in our financial institution list, the financial institution may not yet support Quicken. If you want Quicken to be supported by a certain financial institution, you will need to contact that financial institution directly and let them know that you'd like to download your accounts into Quicken.

For a new financial institution to be added to our financial institution list, they would need to contact our service provider to be added to Quicken. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• myamigo
    myamigo Member
    Options
    I presently have Quicken 7 Canadian 32 bit on my MBP but want to purchase an AIR where I will need a 64 bit program Canadian? What do you suggest I do? How to I migrate my data from one to the other laptop?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.