One Step Update not showing that it has completed a connection download under the account name

What happened to the information under the account name in the register after one step update? It does not show complete even in account info gear box . You have to go to download transactions at the bottom of the account register to see it in blue - Is my file messed up?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you expecting to see downloaded transactions added automatically to your account register?
    If the new transactions appear in the separate Downloaded Transactions tab, then the automatic download setting is off.

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings?

There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
     - Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
     - For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.

Personally, I prefer to do the reviewing, changing and matching of newly downloaded transaction one at a time, from the Downloaded Transactions tab. It gives me better control over the final register transaction and what it uses as its payee name, category and other details. With proper Preferences settings, Quicken remembers changes that I make and applies them the next time a transaction for this payee comes in.
  • first thanks for trying to help - I do not have the auto add to register checked - I did that when I first used Quicken 15 years ago then spent my pay check twice __LOL LOL - some of the accounts say updated under the account name in the register when you open that account some don't - I'm sure I'm not making myself clear - but something has changed - when one step update finishes it should show that all account were updated whether or not the was a transaction downloaded - then if you go to any of the accounts at the top it gives you date and time of downloaded connection - also by hitting the "gear" in the account block it gives you an list of accounts and when they were last updated - something has changed and I would like very much to go back and fix it . I'm not going to BLAST QUICKEN, because I can not imagine the complexity of trying to deal with thousands of banks ,but I can't see how they can stay in business with all the troubles they have that I have read about on their sites. Ok thanks
This discussion has been closed.