Income / expense report for a person

Thompson_dk
Thompson_dk Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I used the QUICKEN FIND tool to see how much money I received and spent on each of our children over the past 10+ years. ((Quicken Find, Any field, Contains [name], Find All )) Search Results include each Date, Acct, Payee, Cat, Memo, Amount, but it does not show the total value, which is what I really want. How can I run the same report, with the above itemized detail plus the total dollar value? Thank you

Best Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't think you can get what you want directly with the Find process.  It's designed to find information and change information, but not total up the information it finds. 
    One way you could get that though is to click the printer icon, tick "export to", select "tab delimited", then save the file on your hard drive.  Open the file with Excel and add up the dollar amount.
  • Thompson_dk
    Thompson_dk Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you. That worked perfectly
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I would use the All Transactions register and the register search filter. That will give you the dollar total instantly. 

The link to the All Transactions register is at the top of the Account Bar. Once in the All Transactions register, set the Date filter to All Dates and type your child’s name in the search filter. The dollar total will show at the bottom of the register. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't think you can get what you want directly with the Find process.  It's designed to find information and change information, but not total up the information it finds. 
    One way you could get that though is to click the printer icon, tick "export to", select "tab delimited", then save the file on your hard drive.  Open the file with Excel and add up the dollar amount.
  • Thompson_dk
    Thompson_dk Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you. That worked perfectly
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I would use the All Transactions register and the register search filter. That will give you the dollar total instantly. 

The link to the All Transactions register is at the top of the Account Bar. Once in the All Transactions register, set the Date filter to All Dates and type your child’s name in the search filter. The dollar total will show at the bottom of the register. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, have you considered setting up tags for each child's name?  That would provide the ability to create totals in your reports by tag.  You could use the same find all method to identify transactions in the past for each child, and then Edit, and replace the tag in those past transactions with the name of the child.  Going forward, you would just tag the transaction at the time you enter it instead of entering it where you have done in the past.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

This discussion has been closed.