"Threat Secured" from my AVG Antivirus - Win32:Malware-gen R43.26

I'm getting a "Threat Secured" from my AVG Antivirus when I open Quicken Deluxe.
It started with the last update.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked with your AV Support yet, for any AV program or virus definition updates? This is supposed to be a "false positive".
  • Berto
    Berto Member ✭✭
    It's not AVG., I uninstalled AVG (with a little help from support)., uninstalled Quicken., rebooted. Then reinstalled Quicken and ran the program - still got the same ERROR with basic Windows protection. Windows gave me the option to ALLOW this exception which I did - Quicken runs fine with out errors. Now I'm going to reinstall AVG since I know that;s not the issue.. bet it doesn't run - LoL
  • mom33
    mom33 Member
    I had the same issue with that Quicken version. Actually two different alerts from Avast when opening Quicken but malwarebytes scan came up with nothing.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Berto said:
    It's not AVG., I uninstalled AVG (with a little help from support)., uninstalled Quicken., rebooted. Then reinstalled Quicken and ran the program - still got the same ERROR with basic Windows protection. Windows gave me the option to ALLOW this exception which I did - Quicken runs fine with out errors. Now I'm going to reinstall AVG since I know that;s not the issue.. bet it doesn't run - LoL
    In another thread they have said that AVG put out another update that fixed this problem.
    Clearly it was a false positive on AVG's part.

mom33 said:
    I had the same issue with that Quicken version. Actually two different alerts from Avast when opening Quicken but malwarebytes scan came up with nothing.
    Have ensured that you have the latest updates from AVG?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20298916/#Comment_20298916
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • CindyOld
    CindyOld Member
    edited September 2022
    You're not alone - lots of complaints this week with anyone using AVG, Avast or Windows Defender antivirus [Removed - Rant/Violation of Community Guidelines]
This discussion has been closed.