My husband and I have separate checking accounts at the same bank. How can they be separate?

Options
We both logged into our separate bank accounts, but it is showing most of our transactions in one account and I want them to be separate accounts. How do I do that?

Answers

• TimothyB
    TimothyB Member ✭✭
    Options
    If you share a log in for the bank website then there is no way to show as separate accounts in Quicken.
    It will be the same problem if you both share the same log in to your computer. If you have separate logins to the bank website and separate logins to your computer and you still see each others transactions in Quicken then you should check with the bank to be sure they are separating the downloads.
  • Tee Davis
    Options
    We have separate logins for the accounts, but we both logged in on my computer where the Quicken app is. We don't Quicken on two separate computers just to have the accounts separated.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Are they joint accounts ?
    Do they share the same SSN for 1099 reporting ?
    it’s not so much that you have separate logins to access, but rather what the bank sees as the same or different- 
    We have separate accounts and logins with Chase and Schwab- works fine for those joint accounts without overlapping SSNs. 
    ie - when you log into the bank online website with each ID, which accounts do you get displayed ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    The only thing I can think of here that explains your situation is that you inadvertently "Linked" the second account at the bank to the first Quicken Account.  That would mean that all transactions in both bank accounts would show up in one Quicken Account.  If that's the case then you need to disable downloading for both Quicken Accounts, then re-establish downloading for the two Accounts, properly Linking the accounts at the bank.
This discussion has been closed.