Memorized Transactions or Renaming Rules by Account (2 Merged Votes)

Options
2»

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SkyDoc said:
    TO QUICKEN PROGRAMMERS: Implementing this change is not rocket science folks.
    Want to hear something strange?

This same request was submitted on the Quicken Mac side.  At the time the project manager was much more inclined  to talk directly to customers on this forum than the Quicken Windows side has ever been.

Anyways he said it was impossible to implement this feature.  As a software developer I find that statement unbelievable. How can it not be possible to have an account setting in say the renaming rules, and only rename for that account (or better yet a list of accounts)?  After I certainly hope they know what account they are in when they are applying the renaming rules.

In truth at least on the Windows side I think this hasn’t been implemented is because it just isn’t that popular of a requested feature in comparison to other things people have requested.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RalphB.
    RalphB. Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Could you please update the QuickFill rules to be account specific if needed for Quicken on Mac? For example, the same payee on a business account vs. a personal account could be configured to automatically fill different categories.

Thanks.

Ralph
  • ghidora77
    ghidora77 Member ✭✭
    Options

That sounds crazy that they said it would be impossible to implement. As a fellow software developer, I second your comment about this seeming to be a pretty simple extension.

• BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Developers please look into this AGAIN. Not sure why it can't be done.

1. We would not have to do this if part of the unique account number for transactions were downloaded but since it seems like this may not be possible

WE NEED:

1. Renaming rules should be global or by register - think all you have to do add one more field>Register (if not checked then Global rule)
    2. To make it even more powerful - also add a date range for rules to apply (3 days before and 3 days after a particular date). Very helpful when say you have to Reoccurring SCE bills for different properties being downloaded but they occur on different dates of the month for same register.

This probably would take care of 90-95% of my issues regarding renaming transactions.

• KateD
    KateD Member ✭✭
    Options

This is a critical need. It is important enough that I started looking at other programs - and even recently switched to QuickBooks - because of this. I've been using Quicken for 20+ years… (QB turns out to be highly restrictive in too many ways, though, enough that I'm reevaluating if I can get Quicken working well enough for my needs, at least until I can find something better.) If you fix this, you become an option for more business users, and your current business users have less reason to leave.

Full requirements for "Memorized Transactions" (aka Bank Rules):

• filter AND/OR (AND is must-have, OR is extremely nice to have)
      • by payee
      • by bank account
      • by amount ( > < = != )
    • keep the current ability to include +/- values for % or $ amount in transaction split, also to use >100%
      • QuickBooks allows filtering rules by account and amount, but it turns out it doesn't allow negative values or values >100%; they try to keep you from doing something dumb, but are assuming you don't know anything and will break it without restrictions.

Use cases available on request.

@SkyDoc @Quicken Jasmine : I'd rather not spend more of my time on this, but if they want to give me access to the code, I'd consider fixing it for them. It's that important.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.