TIAA connectivity issues

I have accounts both in TIAA securities and TIAA bank. Securities is working fine. Bank is no longer downloading transactions. When attempting to re-connect, the only accounts the show up are the securities. Seems like Quicken lost support to TIAA bank accounts???

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jtbiehl said:
    I have accounts both in TIAA securities and TIAA bank. Securities is working fine. Bank is no longer downloading transactions. When attempting to re-connect, the only accounts the show up are the securities. Seems like Quicken lost support to TIAA bank accounts???
    Hello @jtbiehl,  

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then add your TIAA affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem with my TIAA Bank accounts. Have not downloaded for a while. Resetting the connection did not work. I did the test steps that Quicken Jared listed, and they DID WORK in the test account. Both of my accounts were created and transactions back to (at least) August 31 were properly imported.
  • jtbiehl
    jtbiehl Member
    Mine did start working again, and is now prompting me for the 2FA *each* account update. Interestingly, the balances are correct but not all of the transactions are being downloaded.

I did try the steps above, but it still results in missing transactions. This is a bummer that the connectivity to the financial institutions aren't working well. This is the second institution for me that stopped working correctly in Quicken -- the other institution and/or Quicken decided to stop support.
  • jpalca
    jpalca Member ✭✭
    I am having a similar problem. I created a new quicken file, and tried importing my TIAA data. Each of the accounts has value until November when the shares drop to zero for all assets. Weird
  • Quicken Jared
    Hello @jtbiehl and @jpalca,   

Thank you for getting back to me about your results from the test file. I do apologize that these issues seem to be continuing.

What Connection Type are you making use of in order to connect your accounts to online banking services? You can check this by clicking one of the affected accounts in the Account List on the left-hand side of the Quicken panel and then navigating to the Settings menu denoted by the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. The Downloads tab in the window that appears should contain this information. Also: do you know what 'instance' of TIAA you are making use of to link your accounts?

@Robert W,   

I am glad to hear that in your case, the online banking services seem to be functioning as expected. Thank you for letting me know how things turned out.

Have you already attempted restoring from a recent backup of your original data file? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Save a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file, once you go back to your original data file. 

Let me know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• jpalca
    jpalca Member ✭✭
    I am connecting to TIAA via Direct Connect. I'm not sure what you mean by "instance."
  • jpalca
    jpalca Member ✭✭
    PS Although yesterday the new TIAA test File I created showed zero balance in all my accounts, when I updated today the accounts were correct...but I still show a zero balance in my normal quicken file.
  • robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    @QuickenJared - while the TIAA Bank transfer worked in the new, test file, it does not work in my 25 year old Quicken file that I rely on. I do not want to restore from a back up as that means reentering various manual cash transactions that would take time and some might be missed. There is clearly something not working in the TIAA to Quicken transfer, and I'd like to see a solution from Quicken.

I am close to closing these account - in part because Quicken no longer works. I have other accounts, and I don't need to wait for a Quicken fix to just move the money in them to another bank.
  • jtbiehl
    jtbiehl Member
    Also using quick connect. New file path now shows correct balance on account, but ZERO transactions are being downloaded. I’m also now prompted with every update to send an sms to my phone to do an update. Totally unrealistic UX.

Agree with comments above, Quicken and TIAA bank are completely broken.
  • esaurusaitis
    esaurusaitis Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Same problem. TIAA bank not downloading transactions for a while. I reset the direct connect - still no downloaded transactions. 

TIAA is my main checking account. If the downloads can't be fixed, no reason to continue using quicken.
  • Same problem as robert W and others. My file is even older than robert W's (i.e., 31 years).
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem with my TIAA accounts - sometimes downloads a few transactions, but error message shows all securities in Quicken show zero balance compared to TIAA's amount. Also, 25+ years of data, so I do not want to start over.  I've reset, but not deactivated/reactivated yet... solutions, anyone? Especially Quicken support? Thank you
  • My TIAA accounts stopped downloading. Quicken has transactions till October, no new transactions will download. I have deactivated and then reactivated, and a checking account entry came up during the reactivation process. The online center shows no holdings for Tiaa even though my quicken has my share values.
  • Quicken Jared
    My TIAA accounts stopped downloading. Quicken has transactions till October, no new transactions will download. I have deactivated and then reactivated, and a checking account entry came up during the reactivation process. The online center shows no holdings for Tiaa even though my quicken has my share values.
    Hello @jimkaloyanides1,  

I am sorry about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for alerting us to this here on the Quicken Community. 

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location
    6. Click Next
    7. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    8. Click Next 

You may then add your TIAA-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper menu at the top left-hand side of the screen, then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

Let us know about your results, if you can.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• I created the file, however there was a problem connecting with TIAA Cref, that was not my problem so I couldn't complete the task. I will try again later
  • jtbiehl
    jtbiehl Member
    I tried the provided steps again over the holiday weekend. Starting with a fresh file, it's a complete fail. Upon trying to add the account I get the following error:

Multifactor Authentication Failed

This connection failed, and will not update:

TIAA Bank(xxxxxxx) - Error FDP-7500 (CP_SERVER_ERROR - <!doctype html><html lang="en"><head><title>HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error</title><style type="text/css">body {font-family:Taho)

To retry the failed connection, you'll need to start a new update.
  • jtbiehl
    jtbiehl Member
    On a third attempt, I was able to get the accounts to connect. Only the account totals are downloaded. It shows "live balance" and no transactions.

TIAA Bank is completely broken with Quicken.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    I am now having issues with TIAA (Investment accts) as the balances are incorrect and there are zero transactions downloading.  It shows zero shares as well.  Add this to the Bank of America problems (now working), the Chase problems (now working), the Fidelity problems (NOT WORKING yet) and I haven't even checked the Voya accounts yet... Quicken has many problems.  I will again "Report a Problem" as requested, but really this is getting exhausting.  My file is around 25 years old, and I need all of my accounts to accurately reflect my financial situation - too bad because Quicken worked so well for so long... 
  • dortmeyer
    dortmeyer Member ✭✭
    I also have been having problems downloading TIAA updates since the middle of November. All my balances are set to ZERO. Like MaryEason I have been using Quicken for over 25 years and my TIAA downloads have always been accurate. This is very discouraging that Quicken and TIAA can't get together to correct this problem.
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Hello @Quicken Jared and @Quicken Jasmine, any updates to this problem? Thanks
  • dortmeyer
    dortmeyer Member ✭✭
    I just spoke with someone at TIAA who assured me that TIAA and Quicken are working together to fix this known problem, so that is good news
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    @dortmeyer Great news! Hopefully things will be back to normal soon....thanks for the update
  • cnchupp
    cnchupp Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem with TIAA bank accounts no longer downloading transactions. It says 0 transactions downloaded. I go through TIAA's additional security measure everytime I do a one step update but it still doesn't work.
  • jtbiehl
    jtbiehl Member
    Any update from Quicken on this? Now into month 2 of this issue...
  • MCamb
    MCamb Member ✭✭
    Quicken support - where are you? 2 months with NO progress on this issue???
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    Agree... please advise status of solution, Quicken support.
  • MCamb
    MCamb Member ✭✭
    November, December, now January and still NO FIX? And no updates?
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    None that I have seen... so exasperating!  Please, Quicken, how about a plan?
  • dortmeyer
    dortmeyer Member ✭✭
    The problem of erroneously zero'ing out balances when doing TIAA updates appears to have been fixed in the current release 46.12. I got confirmation of this from my contact at TIAA.
This discussion has been closed.