View Scheduled Transactions that START BEYOND a year from now? (Q Mac)

Options
iflyskyhigh
iflyskyhigh Member ✭✭
I created scheduled transactions for more than a year out (ie 2023 into 2024), and I want to change something but I haven't found a way to see and edit those transactions that are more than 12 months out.

You can see them in the Calendar, so they are for sure there, but when you click on them it takes you to some transactions that is not related.

I've looked through every option, but am I missing something somewhere? Is there somewhere to see and edit those scheduled transactions?

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2022
    Options
    If you have a scheduled transaction where the next payment is more than 12 months away you can select "Next Instance" on the Bills & Income page (or "Next One Due" on the account register) to see the next bill. But if you have something like a monthly bill I don't think there's any way to see more than the next 12 months of payments in either the account register or on the Bills & Income tab.

But even if you could see that far into the future you wouldn't be able to edit those future payments individually. You can't have a scheduled bill where (for example) you make $100 payments every month except for one month where you make a larger payment. Scheduled bills are the same every month; if there's any variation you have to wait until that month comes around & you mark the bill as paid to make any one-off changes to the scheduled transaction.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    A little more re editing scheduled transactions. You can change only the date and/or the amount of the next instance of a scheduled transaction without marking it as paid. Otherwise, as Jon says, you need to mark it as paid to any other edits. Either of these actions can only be performed on the next instance, not on any instances beyond that.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • iflyskyhigh
    iflyskyhigh Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Thanks for the reply’s. I guess maybe I wasn’t clear in my question.

The scheduled transaction in question is scheduled to START more than a year from now, hence there is no way (that I can find) to edit it until the first instance falls within the 12 month look ahead. Since there is no “next instance” available yet to edit, the scheduled transaction appears untouchable for now.
  • iflyskyhigh
    iflyskyhigh Member ✭✭
    Options
    I.E I scheduled a work deposit to start in December 2023. I can’t see it after I saved it because it’s scheduled to start more than a year from now. I’ll be able to edit next month when it come back into view. Just wanted to do it now while I’m thinking about it before I forget
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can see it if, in the account register, you click on the little clock icon, top right, and select Next One Due. It will then show in the register even though the first occurrence is one a year out. If you want to see it in Bills & Income, go to the Projected Balances tab and select Next Instance in the first popup filter. Optionally select the account in the Accounts filter to reduce the clutter.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • iflyskyhigh
    iflyskyhigh Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @RickO said:
    > You can see it if, in the account register, you click on the little clock icon, top right, and select Next One Due. It will then show in the register even though the first occurrence is one a year out. If you want to see it in Bills & Income, go to the Projected Balances tab and select Next Instance in the first popup filter. Optionally select the account in the Accounts filter to reduce the clutter.

Perfect. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.