Bank Recon online to paper

I inadvertently changed from reconciling my bank account by paper statement to online. I have tried to go back to paper and now the account is really messed up. Can I go back to the last time I reconciled using paper statement and unreconcile every transaction from that point forward. I have all the supporting documents and believe this is my best option. What problems or issues might I encounter?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    I inadvertently changed from reconciling my bank account by paper statement to online. I have tried to go back to paper and now the account is really messed up. Can I go back to the last time I reconciled using paper statement and unreconcile every transaction from that point forward. I have all the supporting documents and believe this is my best option. What problems or issues might I encounter?
    Hello @dlziomarie,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with reconciling accounts. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Generally, restoring a backup would be the first means of dealing with this issue. We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file. The primary issue would be that you may be missing some information from the period between the time you saved the last viable backup and now. 

I hope that this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To directly answer your direct question: "Can I go back to the last time I reconciled using paper statement and unreconcile every transaction from that point forward"  the answer is "Yes you can."  If all the other Accounts in your file are up to date and correct that can be the easiest way to approach the problem, as opposed to a backup, because you don't have to enter or re-create a bunch of transactions that would be missing from those other Accounts to get them back up to date.
This discussion has been closed.