Downloaded Quicken 2017 does not work

Options
pb4862hop
pb4862hop Member ✭✭
Got new SSD hard drive on Alienware PC with Win 10. Unable to uninstall error code 2503, 2502. I have been using it for years. I am 73 years old, starting having memory issues at times, did not want to purchase annual subscriptions as i will probably stop using Quicken in about a year. Don't Like autorenewal for my wife to deal with. I need help in removing it and I will be purchasing 1 year quicken so I can finish my taxes via turbotax 2022.;

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @pb4862hop@gmail.com - I am not aware that there is a '1 year quicken' anymore.  if you buy Quicken and choose not to renew it after a year, that would work.... and you don't have to "auto-renew". Q can't hit your credit card without your permission. 
  • pb4862hop
    pb4862hop Member ✭✭
    Options
    All i want to do at this time is unstall quicken 2017 off my windows 10 but i keep getting error codes 2503 and 2502. Looking for someone to help get that done.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All i want to do at this time is unstall quicken 2017 off my windows 10 but i keep getting error codes 2503 and 2502. 
    Why do you need to uninstall …
     even with the error - so what - 
    The real Q&A appears to be how to get a running functional “older” Quicken on your new system. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would suggest using Revo Uninstaller Free Portable version. https://www.revouninstaller.com/start-freeware-download-portable/
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    If your old hard drive is still accessible, you can get QW2017 working on the new hard drive.

Edit to add:
    The registration information is in:
    C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI

Copy this file from the old hard drive to the new hard drive.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.