1-year subscription for 2020

dahdojp
dahdojp Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Before you Buy
I currently have Quicken Premier V R45.13 Build 27.1.45.13. There is an eBay vendor/Newegg selling 1-year subscription for 2020. Will that subscription license work for my currently installed Premier ?

https://www.newegg.com/quicken-premier-2020-1-year-subscription/p/N82E16832624005

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO. Why would a 2 year old, 1 year subscription, be worth buying?  I has already expired.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NotACPA, did you click on the link and look at the actual product listing? There's no mention of 2020, just a 1 year subscription.

@dahdojp, you should be able to extend your subscription with that product from Newegg.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, silly me, I took the OP at his word.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dahdojp
    dahdojp Member ✭✭
    Thank you to both of your replies. The posting was changed, removing reference of '2020'. So, we r good to go in purchasing it.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @dahdojp I would just verify with the eBay seller that if the activation code in the box they send you comes unexpired, they will refund your money.

At one point — I don't know if it's currently Quicken's practice — they were saying that activation codes would expire two years after they were created. So if you buy an old box, the code may or may not work. The software isn't the issue, nor is the year on the box, because you'll still use your existing software; the only question is whether the activation code in the box will be accepted by Quicken when you enter it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jacobs, the actual seller is newegg.com, not eBay. I've bought many things from Newegg and never had a problem.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Greg_the_Geek Thanks; I was concerned because the original post mentioned eBay. I agree Newegg is a reliable company, so I’m not concerned they are selling an open box with a used activation code.

But… it seems odd that the image of the Quicken box has obviously been manipulated to remove whatever was on the bottom. Further, if you click the link for digital delivery, the image changes to an unedited package front which clearly states it’s for new subscribers only. So there’s still something about rhis listing which raises my concern a bit; I hope it works as expected for anyone who buys.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dahdojp said:  I currently have Quicken Premier V R45.13 
    So … it appears that the listing has a couple of imaging issues… so be careful - 
    Here are the points mentioned above. 
    - The Activation Code expires 2 years after it is generated by Quicken and sent to retailer. 
    - The product must NOT be listed “for new users only”. 
    - You can only extend your current subscription within the last 6 months…
    … Help —> About Quicken 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.