Why am I seeing this, Quicken? "Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at

Options
don052
don052 Member ✭✭
when trying to login to Quicken and download my banking transactions 11/27/2022...
first time in quite a while I've even used Quicken... and I get this message...

Why am I seeing this, Quicken? "Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at 10 minutes or 1 hour etc.
I'm paying for this...

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It could be that your Quicken installation, Quicken Cloud Account and online Quicken Account are out of sync.  That happens sometimes, especially when Quicken has not been used in quite a while. 
    If this is the situation then the following may resolve the issue for you by refreshing everything:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign Out > sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW.
    Did this resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @don052 - I just opened an older TEST file and ran into the same issue you described.  I followed the steps suggested in my previous reply and that seemed to work but then I got prompted to enter my Quicken PW, again.  After doing that I no longer had any issue using the file.
    Have you had a chance to try the steps suggested in my previous reply?  Did that resolve the issue for you?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It could be that your Quicken installation, Quicken Cloud Account and online Quicken Account are out of sync.  That happens sometimes, especially when Quicken has not been used in quite a while. 
    If this is the situation then the following may resolve the issue for you by refreshing everything:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign Out > sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW.
    Did this resolve the issue for you?

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @don052 - I just opened an older TEST file and ran into the same issue you described.  I followed the steps suggested in my previous reply and that seemed to work but then I got prompted to enter my Quicken PW, again.  After doing that I no longer had any issue using the file.
    Have you had a chance to try the steps suggested in my previous reply?  Did that resolve the issue for you?

• don052
    don052 Member ✭✭
    Options
    so, I forgot which step resolved the issue but I think I shut the program down and re-started it and no more problems... Moving on to reconciling all my 2022 transactions... yay!
  • don052
    don052 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > It could be that your Quicken installation, Quicken Cloud Account and online Quicken Account are out of sync.  That happens sometimes, especially when Quicken has not been used in quite a while. 
    > If this is the situation then the following may resolve the issue for you by refreshing everything:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign Out > sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW.Did this resolve the issue for you?

Yes I had to re-sign in again... and that resolved the messages I was seeing...
This discussion has been closed.