Why am I seeing this, Quicken? "Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at

don052
don052 Member ✭✭
when trying to login to Quicken and download my banking transactions 11/27/2022...
first time in quite a while I've even used Quicken... and I get this message...

Why am I seeing this, Quicken? "Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at 10 minutes or 1 hour etc.
I'm paying for this...

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It could be that your Quicken installation, Quicken Cloud Account and online Quicken Account are out of sync.  That happens sometimes, especially when Quicken has not been used in quite a while. 
    If this is the situation then the following may resolve the issue for you by refreshing everything:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign Out > sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW.
    Did this resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    @don052 - I just opened an older TEST file and ran into the same issue you described.  I followed the steps suggested in my previous reply and that seemed to work but then I got prompted to enter my Quicken PW, again.  After doing that I no longer had any issue using the file.
    Have you had a chance to try the steps suggested in my previous reply?  Did that resolve the issue for you?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    It could be that your Quicken installation, Quicken Cloud Account and online Quicken Account are out of sync.  That happens sometimes, especially when Quicken has not been used in quite a while. 
    If this is the situation then the following may resolve the issue for you by refreshing everything:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign Out > sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW.
    Did this resolve the issue for you?

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    @don052 - I just opened an older TEST file and ran into the same issue you described.  I followed the steps suggested in my previous reply and that seemed to work but then I got prompted to enter my Quicken PW, again.  After doing that I no longer had any issue using the file.
    Have you had a chance to try the steps suggested in my previous reply?  Did that resolve the issue for you?

• don052
    don052 Member ✭✭
    so, I forgot which step resolved the issue but I think I shut the program down and re-started it and no more problems... Moving on to reconciling all my 2022 transactions... yay!
  • don052
    don052 Member ✭✭
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > It could be that your Quicken installation, Quicken Cloud Account and online Quicken Account are out of sync.  That happens sometimes, especially when Quicken has not been used in quite a while. 
    > If this is the situation then the following may resolve the issue for you by refreshing everything:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign Out > sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW.Did this resolve the issue for you?

Yes I had to re-sign in again... and that resolved the messages I was seeing...
This discussion has been closed.