Display issues when scrolling down a list

Email Unano
Email Unano Member ✭✭
When I scroll down a list (using the down arrow) the list of things being scrolled through refreshes from the top instead of the list refreshing from the bottom. For example, if row x is visible at the bottom of a list, and I want to scroll down to row y, I click the down arrow and row x does not move up one row. Rather the entire list is refreshed from the top down as if you were inserting a card from the top where, on the card, row x is now up one row. Highly disorienting and annoying since this is the only program I know where this happens. Is there a setting for this?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    When I scroll down a list (using the down arrow) the list of things being scrolled through refreshes from the top instead of the list refreshing from the bottom. For example, if row x is visible at the bottom of a list, and I want to scroll down to row y, I click the down arrow and row x does not move up one row. Rather the entire list is refreshed from the top down as if you were inserting a card from the top where, on the card, row x is now up one row. Highly disorienting and annoying since this is the only program I know where this happens. Is there a setting for this?
    Hello @Email Unano,   

I am sorry for this issue with the user interface. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Email Unano
    Email Unano Member ✭✭
    I need to send a video but can't seem to figure out how to do that. Screenshots will not work as you have to see the movement of the list as it is scrolled. Is there a way to do that?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I need to send a video but can't seem to figure out how to do that. Screenshots will not work as you have to see the movement of the list as it is scrolled. Is there a way to do that?
    Hello @Email Unano,   

I am sorry to hear about these problems with submitting a screenshot. Thanks for seeking further clarification about this here on the Quicken Community.

Perhaps going about this another way might be simpler. If I am understanding correctly: as you try to move upward in the register, you are instead moving downward through the transactions that you are expecting to see, and vice versa. Does that sound right? Have you tried clearing the filters by clicking on the green Reset button just above the register itself?

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about naming a specific list which illustrates the problem?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Email Unano
    Email Unano Member ✭✭
    Sorry Jared but you are not close at all. I'm not being critical of you, this is very hard to explain so Im not surprised you can't follow based on what I've described in text.

Mr. Squirrel, the example I've recorded on video, but can't find a way to post, involves the list of types of transactions for investment accounts i.e. bought, sold, withdraw, etc.

I can try to explain again..please bear with me here. Let's say you pull down a list and you see rows 2 through 6 but the list goes up to 10 (you just can't see 7-10 yet as the list window is too short). Now imagine you have a snapshot of what you can currently see (rows 2 -6) and you also have a snapshot of rows 3-7, which is what you would see if you scrolled down one row. Put those snapshots aside for a second.....now in real life I am looking at rows 2-6 and i go to scroll down one row so i can see 3-7. What happens is almost like the quicken program freezes/takes a snapshot of 2-6 and then, in the list window, slides that snapshot of 2-6 down while, at the same time, it 'loads' the snapshot of 3-7 from the top of the list window util row 7 is now at the bottom of the list window. When things stop moving i am looking at rows 3-7, which is what I wanted, but how i got there is highly disorienting. Instead of seeing the list of rows go up when i scroll down the rows all move down. Even if I scroll one row the entire list is refreshed from the top since quicken has to load the whole snapshot of rows 3-7 so that, at the end of the day, i end up actually lokking at what i want (rows 3-7). The does not happen when i scroll up. When i scroll up the rows shift down one at a time. Clearer?
  • Email Unano
    Email Unano Member ✭✭
    Not all lists do this. This is a bug and not a 'i don't know how to get quicken to...' type of issue.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I can't reproduce this using either the Action field of an investment register or the list which appears when Enter Transactions is clicked. My lists move in the correct direction.
    You can post your video to YouTube or elsewhere and post the link here.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.