linking accounts to bank

c.fleming
c.fleming Member ✭✭
the bank never shows the accounts for linking

Answers

• Hello @c.fleming, 

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Which financial institution are you experiencing this with? What is the connection method that you are setting up with this FI? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. 

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• c.fleming
    c.fleming Member ✭✭
    Scotiabank lists a partial number of my accounts but never what I want to link to. Am constantly getting "new accounts" added to my existing accounts
  • Hello @c.fleming, 

Thanks for providing more information. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Scotia Bank account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with which accounts pop up and with linking. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• c.fleming
    c.fleming Member ✭✭
    Yes, Jasmine..the new test site has my updated accounts but they only go back 3 months. Do you have any further suggestions or just work with this, thanks, chris
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    c.fleming said:
    Yes, Jasmine..the new test site has my updated accounts but they only go back 3 months. Do you have any further suggestions or just work with this, thanks, chris
    Hello @c.fleming,   

We really appreciate your continued work with us on this issue. Thanks for getting back to us with your results from the test file.

To be clear: are all of your Scotia Bank accounts appearing in the test file? If so, then navigate back to your original data file by going to File > Open Quicken File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then save a backup and navigate through the steps provided below: 
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let me know what happens when these steps are taken, if you have the chance to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • c.fleming
    c.fleming Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Jared..validate and repair didn't work, but supervalidate did. I am now linked to 5/6 accounts at Scotiabank. There is one account that was not listed on the bank list to link to.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    c.fleming said:
    Thanks, Jared..validate and repair didn't work, but supervalidate did. I am now linked to 5/6 accounts at Scotiabank. There is one account that was not listed on the bank list to link to.
    Hello @c.fleming,  

Thanks so much for letting me know what happened following the use of the validation feature. I am happy to hear that some progress is being made, although I am sorry that one account seems to be obstinately remaining unavailable for linkage with your online banking services.

What type of account is the sixth account that appears missing? Also, is this a joint account? Lastly, has the account changed names, or have any other details been changed recently?

I look forward to your answers, and I hope to provide more troubleshooting recommendations, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • c.fleming
    c.fleming Member ✭✭
    yes it has changed names in my attempts to link. It is a savings account that gives interest if balance > than 1k$. not a joint account. I use it to save for twice yearly property tax fees..Chris
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @c.fleming - if it is NOT a joing account, is the account ONLY in your SPOUSE's name - that could be the issue - and it would be a Bank issue.  For privacy and security, you should not be able to access accounts where you are not the listed owner. 
  • c.fleming
    c.fleming Member ✭✭
    Hi Mark...no the account is in my name. no obvious reason for access problem except for account name changes. It's a Scotiabank Momentum Savings account used for property tax savings
This discussion has been closed.