Incorrect Account Balance in Quicken Mobile App

KenSC
KenSC Member ✭✭
I use Android 13 and Windows. Recently my mobile app started showing an incorrect balance (more than $13000 too high) for one of my checking accounts. My other checking accounts and my savings accounts are fine. The balances are correct in all my accounts on my desktop and on the web. I've re-synched, reset my cloud data and uninstalled and reinstalled my mobile app. Nothing seems to help. This makes my mobile app unusable.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @KenSC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I know you mentioned having already tried resetting your cloud, however, when you did so, did you also sign out of the Mobile app first before resetting the cloud? If not, then to start with, I suggest that you please try to reset the cloud again by following the instructions below. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KenSC
    KenSC Member ✭✭
    Anja,
    I followed your instructions step by step. The balance discrepancy is still there. What do I do now? The mobile app is essentially useless to me.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up!

Next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file). Make sure you are signed out of the Mobile app during this process.

First, please proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button and see whether or not the issue you were experiencing previously persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KenSC
    KenSC Member ✭✭
    Anja,
    I tried to follow your steps. When I went back to my main data account and went to the mobile & web tab, I didn't get a blue get started button followed by a blue sync now button. I synced successfully anyway then signed back into my mobile app. It came up with the same issue. I appreciate your help, but this is quite frustrating.
  • Hello @KenSC

Thanks for attempting those steps and for providing more information. 

Due to the previous steps provided having failed in assisting you to reach a resolution, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real time and escalate the situation if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Diana
    Diana Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue.  Please fix 
  • KenSC
    KenSC Member ✭✭
    So, it turns out that the balances are all correct in the Quicken mobile app on my IPad. Clearly, the issue is NOT my data file but with the Quicken mobile app for Android! Is there I known issue because I use Windows 11, not Windows 10? Quicken ought to fix this. I've paid good money for a subscription so I can synch with my Android phone and I feel taken for granted and taken advantage of.
  • KenSC
    KenSC Member ✭✭
    Oops, meant Android 13. My phone recently updated from Android 12 to 13.
This discussion has been closed.